Haven Courtyard Overcrowding

So thanks to the helpful input from people on this forum, I'd managed to decide on a 2 bed courtyard suite for my Epic cruise.

However I've realised that the Courtyard pool area isn't that big and that children aren't allowed in the other suite deck areas (if I've understood correctly). A big reason for me booking this suite on this (Easter) cruise was to avoid the crowds around the main pools but presumably if the Courtyard sunbeds are all taken that will be my only option?

What have the experiences of others with children been?

I was in Haven on the epic in October 2017. Our first Haven experience. It was the school half term and the ship was full. The Haven Courtyard never had more than 15 people in it any one time. It was too quiet for me. I regularly went down to GenPop

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was in Haven on the epic in October 2017. Our first Haven experience. It was the school half term and the ship was full. The Haven Courtyard never had more than 15 people in it any one time. It was too quiet for me. I regularly went down to GenPop

Thanks... excusing my ignorance, what's genpop?

Thanks... excusing my ignorance, what's genpop?

General Population of a prison.

As opposed to "Protective Cistody", Solitary Confinement", etc.

(Term was likely used in jest by the poster, but maybe only half-so given my last cruise on Getaway...)

We did haven in Feb this year. I would say the haven pool on the epic is the same I'd not bigger then gen pop...we too called our haven a country club attached to a prison. My group was 7 from 8 to 69 years. There was more families then expected and tweens...and they behaved. Imagine that. My kid never wanted the main too area as it was always ful of drunk 12year olds in 40 year old bodies doing the I got a bigger penis look at me! Yep...gen pop. We would definitely use NCL again but only in the haven

Sent from my SM-G950W using Forums mobile app

Today I put in a couple of bids on Getaway Haven for our July trip, but I've lowballed. So can't see it happening. Looking forward to Getaway none the less.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So thanks to the helpful input from people on this forum, I'd managed to decide on a 2 bed courtyard suite for my Epic cruise. However I've realised that the Courtyard pool area isn't that big and that children aren't allowed in the other suite deck areas (if I've understood correctly). A big reason for me booking this suite on this (Easter) cruise was to avoid the crowds around the main pools but presumably if the Courtyard sunbeds are all taken that will be my only option? What have the experiences of others with children been?

Most of the adults hang out in the Posh Club (which is adults only). So the courtyard is usually lightly populated. The Epic has one of the best Havens in the fleet. The combination of the Posh Club, steam and saunas, private gym, large lounges, outdoor dining room. Wonderful! We had a forward facing 2BR last time we were on the Epic and loved it!

Most of the adults hang out in the Posh Club (which is adults only). So the courtyard is usually lightly populated. The Epic has one of the best Havens in the fleet. The combination of the Posh Club, steam and saunas, private gym, large lounges, outdoor dining room. Wonderful! We had a forward facing 2BR last time we were on the Epic and loved it!

I cannot agree more. If you like massages there are treatment rooms there by the fitness area and you can make a reservation and someone from the spa will come. Then you can crawl back to your room which is just steps away. I loved that!

It was very convenient having the fitness area.

Loved POSH.