What beaches are the closest to the port in Palma de Mallorca?

Kivaman

We would like to do a beach day in Palma de Mallorca and would like to know the recommended beaches and the best way to get there from the port? I've seen pictures of some of the very beautiful turquoise waters on the beaches and that's what we'd like to find if possible. Thanks for your help!

We would like to do a beach day in Palma de Mallorca and would like to know the recommended beaches and the best way to get there from the port? I've seen pictures of some of the very beautiful turquoise waters on the beaches and that's what we'd like to find if possible. Thanks for your help!

If you go though this thread you will find exactly what you want I have described all the best beaches nearest to the port and how to get there .

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2369657

Rogerb - you have done an incredible job keeping up with the posts, and questions about your city. Thank you!

We will be arriving on NCL Epic in September. Our ship docks at 1pm and leaves at 8pm, so not much time. We will have spent three full days touring in Italy, and I'm traveling with my elderly parents, so I think we will need a relaxing day, with easy to navigate transportation, a nice meal, and beautiful scenery. I'd love to get a taste of the city, and maybe a view of the beach too. What itinerary would you recommend for our group of 4?

Thanks in advance!

Christy

Rogerb - you have done an incredible job keeping up with the posts, and questions about your city. Thank you!

We will be arriving on NCL Epic in September. Our ship docks at 1pm and leaves at 8pm, so not much time. We will have spent three full days touring in Italy, and I'm traveling with my elderly parents, so I think we will need a relaxing day, with easy to navigate transportation, a nice meal, and beautiful scenery. I'd love to get a taste of the city, and maybe a view of the beach too. What itinerary would you recommend for our group of 4?

Thanks in advance!

Christy

Hi Christy,

September is a busy month here the best thing would be to hire a car and then you would be able to plan the time you have in port , you could arrange the hire care to be left by the ship and return it without even going to a car hire office.

If you do not want to take this option as the prettiest beaches are not that near the port just go to the town and have a nice lunch you can see all my recommendations in the thread of my last reply .

If you do want to see that bit more try a private guide or a guided tour .

http://www.palmademallorcatours.com/PalmaTours/FirstSightofPalmadeMallorca/tabid/127/Default.aspx

Thanks in advance!

Christy

I will offer you my thoughts - I have been to Palma 4 times.

Because it is at the end of the busy Epic cruise, and it is only half a day, we have usually used it as a day to relax. The cathedral is wonderful so a bus in to town and a walk around the old town plus a quick dip at the beach on the walk back at the ship is a great day out for us. This requires quite a lot of walking though so probably would not suit you. There is a shuttle into town that would probably meet your needs.

The last time we went I felt that we had never seen beyond Palma so booked a ship tour to Valldemosa. I am not a huge fan of ship tours because I can't stand waiting around for everyone to arrive back. In this case, I felt that there is not enough time to rely on public transport to get you back to the ship.

Valldemosa is lovely. The scenery is spectacular and although you do have the opportunity for a walk around, it is not too arduous.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for all the helpful info Rogerb!

I’m coming in Oct on Celebrity and will be there from 7 am to 5pm. I’m hoping to see the Cathedral and walk around town for a few hours. I’d love Paella for lunch somewhere nice, and then the highlight for me will be the beach. Illetas obviously :) Hopefully Celebrity will have a shuttle in to town, and then I’ll cab to Illetas. I’ll then taxi or bus back to the ship. I’m traveling on my own. My questions:

Do I need a reservation at the Beach Club?

Do they have lockers at the club?

If I decide to bus back(I gather cabs can be a problem), where would I get off to get back to Celebrity?

Many thanks in advance!

Thanks for all the helpful info Rogerb!

I’m coming in Oct on Celebrity and will be there from 7 am to 5pm. I’m hoping to see the Cathedral and walk around town for a few hours. I’d love Paella for lunch somewhere nice, and then the highlight for me will be the beach. Illetas obviously :) Hopefully Celebrity will have a shuttle in to town, and then I’ll cab to Illetas. I’ll then taxi or bus back to the ship. I’m traveling on my own. My questions:

Do I need a reservation at the Beach Club?

Do they have lockers at the club?

If I decide to bus back(I gather cabs can be a problem), where would I get off to get back to Celebrity?

Many thanks in advance!

You do not need a reservation, yes there are lockers and the No 3 bus stops very near the entrance to the beacn club you get off at Porto Pi which a shopping centre , short walk to the cruise terminal.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Forums mobile app