Statendam 07JAN06 Oz-NZ

CASHIPman

Well Dave,

I have to agree with Prinsendam that you were hardly "stranded in Sydney" since HAL's groundcrew did all they could to take care of you. Besides which I can think of worse places to "be stranded" than Sydney. I have visited some places where a visit of a day or so is fine but I certainly wouldn't want to be stranded there. Sydney I could handle.:D

Now, as to being denied boarding despite having paid in full and being assigned a cabin, I am so happy to hear that you have retained an attorney because I think that you have a great case. HAL may sail under the flag of The Netherlands but still they need to abide by the laws of the U.S. if they want to continue doing business here.

This is, quite honestly, one of the worst case scenarios I have ever heard of and doesn't sound like HAL at all - but then nobody, or no entity, is perfect. Thankfully, in more than 250 days of sailing with HAL I have never had a problem.

I have a guarantee cabin for the first couple of segments of the ms Amsterdam's Grand World Voyage in 2007 and have made my first deposit. I have never had a guarantee before and didn't book one but that's what HAL offered - now you have me worried also.:(

The very best of luck. I hope that you prevail and that just compensation is awarded.

Valerie:)

Archived