RC Travel Insurance

How does RC determine how much each person's travel insurance costs? I always thought it depended on the total cost of the cruise. Mine, my husbands and my daughter's are all different amounts for our 7-day cruise on the Liberty. It seems to be more expensive the older you are. :confused:

DH--$89

Me--$59

DD--$29

I believe it is based n cruise price, so If your husband is first passenger, his price is probably the highest, yours as second is less and daughter as third is even less, that's why. I do not believe cruiseline insurance is based on age, just price

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I believe it is based n cruise price, so If your husband is first passenger, his price is probably the highest, yours as second is less and daughter as third is even less, that's why. I do not believe cruiseline insurance is based on age, just price

I am 1st passenger.

Age is a factor in pricing cruise insurance, especially if there is a medical coverage component. My in-laws are seniors and their coverage always costs more than mine and my husband’s, even for the same type of stateroom on the same cruise.

Royals insurance is based on the cruise price.

With the sale that is going on the first person pays the highest amount, second person will be lower, and third in the cabin will be the lowest.

Here is a breakdown of the price of insurance:

0-500 $29

501-1000 $59

1001-1500 $89

1501-2000 $119

2001-2500 $159

2501-3000 $199

3001-3500 $259

3501-4000 $299

4001-4500 $339

4501-5000 $379

5001-5500 $419

5501-6000 $459

Age is a factor in pricing cruise insurance, especially if there is a medical coverage component. My in-laws are seniors and their coverage always costs more than mine and my husband’s, even for the same type of stateroom on the same cruise.

Sorry.but that is not true with insurance purchased through Royal's insurance provider. It is solely based on price of the cruise. However third party insurance, I.e., TravelGuard, Allianz, etc., is based on price and age.

Just FYI....You can get much better coverage for less money through a third party.

Look at www.insuremytrip.com and compare some policies.

To us...medical and evac coverage is just as important (if not more important) than just covering the cost of the cruise.

I do hope you have a wonderful trip!!

Third party insurance is more expensive the older you are. I cruise a lot about 8 times a year, and buy Royal's insurance and I have a yearly travel medical plan. Price works out better for me. Royals insurance also has cancel for any reason that I like.

How they determine the cost is not the important question. "Is it a terrible idea, and bad investment?".... Now THAT is the question!!!

And the answer is YES!!!!

I disagree. The answer is actually ... it depends.

If you want to place a bet that you will get sick and need it or that there will be an insurable event that would qualify then it could be a good "investment".

Just FYI....You can get much better coverage for less money through a third party.

Look at www.insuremytrip.com and compare some policies.

To us...medical and evac coverage is just as important (if not more important) than just covering the cost of the cruise.

I do hope you have a wonderful trip!!

That is not ALWAYS true.

For younger people yes. But third party insurance is underwritten, and older people pay MUCH more.

One one cruise with my parents, our (age 59) insurance cost was much less than RCI, with better coverage. My parents (age 87), the third party insurance quotes were more than the cruise fare.

You have to shop around.

I have used http://www.travelinsurancestore.com with good results.

How they determine the cost is not the important question. "Is it a terrible idea, and bad investment?".... Now THAT is the question!!!

And the answer is YES!!!!

It depends.

Insuring the cruise cost is not a great investment.

But having medical and med evac insurance IS.

My Mother had an issue on board. She was removed from the ship, taking to a local hospital (we were in port in Halifax) and later med evaced back to the US.

Insurance paid for everything, including the $29,000 med evac bill.

If your medical insurance covers you great, but do you have med evac coverage? If not, you may want to get some.

And BTW, I have found, you can buy travel insurance with a $0 trip cost. That way you are not covering the cruise and air fare, but you do get the other coverage, such as medical, med evac, lost luggage, delays, etc. I recently did this for a driving trip in Sicily. I paid 450 for 12 day coverage with rental car coverage and medical and med evac.

The answer, according to a previous post, is YES...It is a waste of money. It is YES until you need air evac...$20,000 plus. Until you need to have that broken ankle set, Until you get some internal medical problem. oh Yeah, YES is the answer, until...…….

The answer, according to a previous post, is YES...It is a waste of money. It is YES until you need air evac...$20,000 plus. Until you need to have that broken ankle set, Until you get some internal medical problem. oh Yeah, YES is the answer, until...…….

The same goes for regular medical insurance. Ridiculous with how much it has all become. It is all a waste of money for most people.

I'm glad I have a good credit card that will cover these things. I'm not dishing out over $100 per vacation for more insurance.

The same goes for regular medical insurance. Ridiculous with how much it has all become. It is all a waste of money for most people.

I'm glad I have a good credit card that will cover these things. I'm not dishing out over $100 per vacation for more insurance.

My brother thought that about medical insurance too. He use to say everyone is healthy no need for expensive coverage. Until my niece came down with a chronic sickness at 19 that put her in the hospital one year for almost 200 days.

That is not ALWAYS true.

For younger people yes. But third party insurance is underwritten, and older people pay MUCH more.

One one cruise with my parents, our (age 59) insurance cost was much less than RCI, with better coverage. My parents (age 87), the third party insurance quotes were more than the cruise fare.

You have to shop around.

I have used www.travelinsurancestore.com with good results.

I agree age has a lot to do with it, but the medical and medical evac coverage through the cruiseline is usually minimal.

For me I would rather pay a higher premium and have good coverage with an insurance that will also serve a “primary” and not “secondary”.

How does RC determine how much each person's travel insurance costs? I always thought it depended on the total cost of the cruise. Mine, my husbands and my daughter's are all different amounts for our 7-day cruise on the Liberty. It seems to be more expensive the older you are. :confused:

DH--$89

Me--$59

DD--$29

Let me show you a fact that will literally save you hundreds or thousands of dollars a year now. Number one is the fact that most if not all give you credit Not Refunds. amd some like Oats, Grand Circle, etc the refund is only good for one year and then falls in half. Here is info you need. I am not an insurance agent or travel agent, but I am 71 years wise. When the cheapest Life insurance company and their executives were purchased several years ago they brought with them the way to provide cheaper

premiums for individuals with better investments instead of high premiums. Now companies such as Allianz Travel Insurance ,

have annual policies that cost me $450 a year and everything from hospital, emergency evacuation, and lost trip is covered.

Now the only thing that I have found that is not covered is when the boat breaks down and they take you by hotel to hotel night after night - they will not give you a refund because you did get A VACATION. And they think that is a fun vacationl

So folks think about this because even a trip to grandma's is covered for a year.

J. Patrick