Hotel in Barcelona precruise

We are going on the July 13th sailing of Vision and are looking for recommendations for a hotel, as we are staying a few nights in Barcelona prior to sailing. Has anyone stayed at El Avenida Palace? Any other suggestions for a hotel located near tourist attractions, but not far from the cruise terminal? Thanks!

Medinacelli hotel is cool ; near the airport ( 35 eur on taxi) and the cruise Port( 15-20 eur on taxi,); Columbus monument ( in the south of ramblas) 5 minutes walking only (the blue bus leaves for here to cruise port for only 1,50 eur). The best area is plaza catalunya and ramblas. The most expensive and chic area is paseo de gracia. If you want a good location in front of the beach, you will choose barceloneta.

We stayed here years ago. Can you remind me what taxi fare is from airport to hotel? Hotel to cruise pier?

We were there this month, and the taxi from the port to the hotel was 17 Euro and from the Hilton Diagonal Mar to the airport was exactly 35 Euros.

Rick

We stayed here years ago. Can you remind me what taxi fare is from airport to hotel? Hotel to cruise pier?

We were there this month, and the taxi from the port to the hotel was 17 Euro and from the Hilton Diagonal Mar to the airport was exactly 35 Eros. Rick

Cruising out of Barcelona July 2019. Hotel recommendations for 3 nights prior to?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We always stay at the Eurostar Grand Marina right on the water. We love it. Short walk to Las Ramblas. Literally adjacent to port. Nice hotel.

We stayed at Hotel Gallery and loved it!!! I have a video of our room and the rooftop terrace in my trip report. https://gotravellife.com/2018/05/27/spain-2018-part-1-barcelona-roses-cadaques-figueres-and-surrounding-areas/

Also included restaurants and sites we visited. Have a wonderful time, it’s one of our favorite cities in the world!!

Fabulous travel Blog!!

Not sure when you stayed there. We were just there from 4-9 May 2018 and it was in pristine condition, especially after the completed renovation.

27-28 April this year. The public areas were OK, the room was dreadful.

We stayed at the Hosteria Grau when we stayed in Barcelona. It's pretty close to the Ramblas and was inexpensive. www.hostalgrau.com/

I have stayed there. It is in a really good location especially if you want to enjoy the late night life on La Rambla. It is a hostel and I suspect for many lacks basic comfort. Bear that in mind as I believe the website is deceptive.

My preferred area is Poble Nou because it has a local Rambla, not so touristy restaurants, a stroll away from the beach and good metro links to other parts of Barcelona. Hotels I would recommend in Poble Nou is the Holiday Inn and Travelodge. Both are clean and comfortable and in good locations.

Hotels offering 4* comfort and in prime locations can be very expensive IME. Choices are either compromise on comfort and go for convenient location or strike a balance between comfort and location. Tourist attractions are spread out so I wouldn't worry about being central to tourist areas. More useful is to see whether there is a good concentration of local restaurants plus transport options. I go for locations that have a metro nearby.

BTW I find HOHO buses take too long to get around. Fine as a sightseeing option but not for getting around from one place to another.

We stayed for 3 nights at Hotel Pulitzer. It's at the "top" of Las Ramblas just off Plaza

Catlunya, where you can catch a Hop On, Hop Off bus, close to the market which is

amazing. You will need a taxi to reach cruise port.

The hotel is contemporary, has helpful concierge, wine bar downstairs and lots of

lobby room for relaxing or meeting for a drink or glass of wine. I'll be staying there

the next time we're in Barcelona. I love it.

I have to echo this recommendation. Hubby and I spent 3 nights here before our 12-night Med cruise last May and it was the best hotel. Fabulous location and a great hotel with fabulous afternoon tapas on the rooftop lounge.

It was right by the Plaza (and all of its transportation options) and just down the street from a great breakfast place: La Esquina. Great coffees, drinks, and brunch/breakfasts.

Have a great trip! We loved Barcelona.

We were at Silken Diagonal ****. Nice location, not in the center, but has metro and tram stations in front. There is also a shopping center across the street with a Carrefour, banks, and pharmacies. I definitely recommend this hotel for pre or post cruise.

We stayed at the Hosteria Grau when we stayed in Barcelona. It's pretty close to the Ramblas and was inexpensive. http://www.hostalgrau.com/

We would recommend this location as well, especially if you are traveling with family. We had a lovely 2 bedroom flat with a kitchenette. The location is off La Rambla but within easy walking distance while being in a quieter area. Plus, it it across from Choc - yum!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums