Texting app work for those not on ship?

I'm confused. This is what RC says on their website:

With Royal iQ, you're only a phone call or text away from friends and family, whether they're onboard or wishing they were onboard. Once you download the app, you'll receive your own unique onboard number.

For $7.95,Royal iQ offers unlimited calling and texting to anyone onboard who has a RoyaliQ communication package. Plus, you can take advantage of crystal clear outgoing (ship-to-shore) and incoming (shore-to-ship) calls, billed at a per-minute rate.

So calls and texts are free to anyone on board, but I'm confused about those "wishing they were onboard." Is the following right?

*. Any calls to someone "who wishes they were onboard" will be charged at a per-minute rate.

* Any texts to someone "who wishes they were onboard" will also be charged, but at what rate?

To my knowledge, other than the bug that allows free iMessage on ships that support the Royal IQ App, the Royal IQ App only allows texting between devices on the same ship.

The texting/calls stay within the Royal IQ app - not integrated with the rest of the phone functions or outside world. Having you confused and deceptive marketing is the RCI way to separate you from your money.

Edited by Biker19

Thanks - that's pretty much what I thought. And I agree, their wording is very confusing with the "those who wish they were onboard" reference.

Royal excels at confusing wording. I think they must have a Department of Obfuscation to which they send any public release, just to make sure it's confusing, ambiguous, imprecise, etc.