Escape questions

Bkelly1026

This is my first time sailing Norwegian and I have a few questions-

1. Has anybody managed to get a day pass for the spa?

2. Does NCl host special food events like midnight buffet or Italian night, etc. I’ve read complaints how much of the food repeats.

3. How hard is it to get a lounger? I heard some people wake up at 7 to hold chairs. Do I have a chance of getting a chair around 10?

Thanks for your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is my first time sailing Norwegian and I have a few questions-

2. Does NCl host special food events like midnight buffet or Italian night, etc. I’ve read complaints how much of the food repeats.

3. How hard is it to get a lounger? I heard some people wake up at 7 to hold chairs. Do I have a chance of getting a chair around 10?

Thanks for your help!

1.) They should offer a week pass as well as a day pass. I do not know the cost of either passes.

2.) Yes, NCL does offer a theme on specific nights. For example: Sea Food Night, Italian night, as well as having prime rib in the garden cafe or in another restaurant.

3.) A big cruise ship with a tiny pool - the pool is not so worth it. You should be able to find a chair somewhere on the pool deck/sundeck.

3). If you absolutely must have a lounger on Deck 16/17, next to the pool, wake up early. Instead, take the forward elevator to Deck 18, go outside and head up the stairs to Deck 19 and grab one of the usually empty loungers near the small bar and a hot tub.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/norwegian-escape-691/sun-decks-208742/sun-decks--v82901/

If that's crowded (unlikely), then one more convenient set of stairs will get you to the wasteland of empty loungers on Deck 20.

1. Day passes are sold at the discretion of the spa. Usually only if the weekly passes do not sell out. AND normally only on slow port days (never on sea days). On all of our recent cruises, the spa did not sell any day passes.

2. No midnight buffet. Don't believe everything you read on the internet, it is not true. Each night, the MDR has "Classic" items that appear on every night's menu. That way you can get a steak, chicken, fish dish every night. The second half of the menu has specials of the night. NCL has 14 different MDR menus that they rotate through. So there is something different every night. For the Buffet and O'Shehan's, there are specials of the night (first night Prime Rib, second night BBQ, seafood basket, etc.) An example of the MDR menu from the Escape is on the following link. Click on the main thread for menus from all restaurants https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=55871560&postcount=171

3. Lots of loungers all over the ship. Hogs congregate at the pool,,, but there are lots of seats on sundecks elsewhere. No need to get up early.

We didn't have a problem getting loungers, but then again, we prefer to be away from the pool....we found a nice quiet spot on deck 19 at the front of the ship, we'd head up there after breakfast and it was never crowded (in the morning)....and there is also a large hot tub up there...(ps...there is 1 forward elevator that will take you all the way to deck 19 if necessary)

Did not use the spa....

Did not see the CHOCOHOLIC BUFFET either.....is it gone???? or did I miss it??

We didn't have a problem getting loungers, but then again, we prefer to be away from the pool....we found a nice quiet spot on deck 19 at the front of the ship, we'd head up there after breakfast and it was never crowded (in the morning)....and there is also a large hot tub up there...(ps...there is 1 forward elevator that will take you all the way to deck 19 if necessary)

Did not use the spa....

Yes, no more chocolate buffet. But there are still chocolate desserts in the buffet as well as in the MDR. I love their lava cake.

One of the best desserts I liked.

Did not use the spa....

Thank you!

Yes, no more chocolate buffet. But there are still chocolate desserts in the buffet as well as in the MDR. I love their lava cake. One of the best desserts I liked.

Yes. There are chocolate dessert nights in the MDR and Buffet. We talked to one of the Executive Chefs and they said that the chocolate buffets were not bringing the crowds any more and 10’s of thousands of pounds of chocolate ended up as fish food every week. Changing customer interests doomed the chco buffet.

1.) They should offer a week pass as well as a day pass. I do not know the cost of either passes.

2.) Yes, NCL does offer a theme on specific nights. For example: Sea Food Night, Italian night, as well as having prime rib in the garden cafe or in another restaurant.

3.) A big cruise ship with a tiny pool - the pool is not so worth it. You should be able to find a chair somewhere on the pool deck/sundeck.

Thank you!