Disembarkation at Greenwich

Century2000

We will be disembarking the Viking Sky at Greenwich and would like some advice from past cruisers.

We prefer to carry off our own luggage rather than leaving it outside the cabin the night before. This isn't usually a problem, but at Greenwich there is a short tender ride from the ship to the port. If you have previously disembarked at Greenwich, do you recall if it is possible to roll a suitcase into the tender boat or does it need to be carried down steps into the boat?

We will be disembarking the Viking Sky at Greenwich and would like some advice from past cruisers.

We prefer to carry off our own luggage rather than leaving it outside the cabin the night before. This isn't usually a problem, but at Greenwich there is a short tender ride from the ship to the port. If you have previously disembarked at Greenwich, do you recall if it is possible to roll a suitcase into the tender boat or does it need to be carried down steps into the boat?

We had two standard roll aboard cases we took off ourselves May 5th. Don't recall it being a problem. Ramps onto the tender and off the tender and up the dock in Greenwich.

Hope this picture comes through. Viking Sun moored in the Thames. Taken from Cutty Sark.

Fabulous photo, which only serves to heighten my excitement and anticipation of our departure from Greenwich in just over 3 weeks time!

Thank you for sharing.

janet

Greenwich is a great place to board a ship. Viking seems to have it down pat and the experience tendering to and from the ship is extremely easy. Nice place for a pub crawl too.;p

Haha! Good to know. We're arriving in Greenwich three days before our cruise, so will have plenty of time to visit the local hostelries. ;)

Jim Avery, do the tenders run all night? Or do we have to be back from our adventure by a certain time?

Good question. I don't know for sure but I know they at least ran to later hours. After a long day pub crawling we were "home" early.;p

What is the earliest morning time you can disembark at Greenwich on the day of Disembarkment?

I could be wrong but those who had early flights left the ship VERY early. 5 am ish. We left with no lines and no problems at all at 8am. So I think you can leave early. However, we moored early on May 4th and did not disembark until the 5th. A faster turnaround might change things. Heck, call Viking. They don't bite. (Usually).:eek::cool: