Seaside

george35

Just booked today for Oct. 27 sailing. First time on msc, dont know what cabin we have yet because we , I told our booked guaranted balcony. We are D+ on RCL & Elite on celebrity & asked our TA if we can use our status on those lines & he said I would have to call MSC & talk to a rep. Anyone else have there status transfered & is it worth the trouble to make the calls, what benifits are there to an upgrade??? I see some people say they have a Black status, what are the status names?

Some pretty dumb questions right? but remember I am 83 yrs. old & got out of Korea alive.

george35

first off thanks for yous service! when I status matched on MSC, I didn't have to call in, I completed there form online and attached a pic of a screen shot of my status with Carnival.

We matched with RCCL Platinum to Gold, so I believe you’d be the next level, Black, which is the highest. My opinion (while limited since we haven’t cruised with MSC yet) is that it’d be worth your while to match. We booked our first MSC next year, and got a 5% discount due to the match and will get a free hour in the thermal spa. Black status gets more [emoji4]

I also didn’t call to get the status match. I sent them a screen shot of my info from RCCL page and heard back via email about 2 weeks later.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, George, you will be Black with your status match.

You get a lot of benefits from the Black status. Just make sure you get the 5% discount off the price you paid. (everyone who status matches gets this, not just Black).;)

Here is my discount problem: (I have called repeatedly.). I have documentation showing that I overpaid, that MSC’s invoice shows the difference, but they won’t refund or give shipboard credit. No one takes responsibility.)

I am platinum on several lines and just back froma Viking cruise. I thought I would try this line. The web site is a disaster-notintuitive, loses information, and all fluff. I booked 5 cabins on the day where total was due. There wasn’t time to submit my discount information so I was told that I would get a refund. I transferred my reservations to a travel agent who now says they are impossible to deal with. One employee is trying to help me after many phone calls. I got the discount on 3 of the cabins as shipboard credit. My husband’s discount shows in one place but not the other. My daughter’s discount-her husband was the paramedic of the year a couple years back plus a decorated fire fighter. I printed the page where is it shows we paid more than what it cost. I asked my travel agent if I should address it onboard-she just came back from a cruise-she said they are even less responsive onboard. This line is relatively new to America but won’t last long without excellent customer service. I board with my family in two weeks. I have been on cruises throughout Europe and found excellent service so the line about tempering expectations is not applicable. I will add to this review as the trip progresses. My sale date is June 9. I have left a message at the executive complaint level but no return call.

Shame on the TA for not checking for you. You can call MSC and find out which cruise line will garner you the best bang for your buck and then submit your paperwork online. It is a quick response. Friends have another cruise on NCL which will bring them to Platnuim on that line and Black on MSC. They are going to email for status change after their cruise.

If you are also retired from the military you qualify for that discount as well.

We are also d+ and got matched to black. Easier to go on the website and fill out the form. I just sent them a pic of my last seapass card that showed d+ and was matched in about 2 weeks. What is not to love about a 5% discount? Saved me $500 for about 10 minutes of typing.

Just booked today for Oct. 27 sailing. First time on msc, dont know what cabin we have yet because we , I told our booked guaranted balcony. We are D+ on RCL & Elite on celebrity & asked our TA if we can use our status on those lines & he said I would have to call MSC & talk to a rep. Anyone else have there status transfered & is it worth the trouble to make the calls, what benifits are there to an upgrade??? I see some people say they have a Black status, what are the status names?

Some pretty dumb questions right? but remember I am 83 yrs. old & got out of Korea alive.

george35

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Here is my discount problem: (I have called repeatedly.). I have documentation showing that I overpaid, that MSC’s invoice shows the difference, but they won’t refund or give shipboard credit. No one takes responsibility.)

I am platinum on several lines and just back froma Viking cruise. I thought I would try this line. The web site is a disaster-notintuitive, loses information, and all fluff. I booked 5 cabins on the day where total was due. There wasn’t time to submit my discount information so I was told that I would get a refund. I transferred my reservations to a travel agent who now says they are impossible to deal with. One employee is trying to help me after many phone calls. I got the discount on 3 of the cabins as shipboard credit. My husband’s discount shows in one place but not the other. My daughter’s discount-her husband was the paramedic of the year a couple years back plus a decorated fire fighter. I printed the page where is it shows we paid more than what it cost. I asked my travel agent if I should address it onboard-she just came back from a cruise-she said they are even less responsive onboard. This line is relatively new to America but won’t last long without excellent customer service. I board with my family in two weeks. I have been on cruises throughout Europe and found excellent service so the line about tempering expectations is not applicable. I will add to this review as the trip progresses. My sale date is June 9. I have left a message at the executive complaint level but no return call.

I would not blame MSC's customer service, sounds like a bad TA. I booked and at time of booking I was eligible for military (5% off). TA also told me about the status match. You need to get your TA to straighten it out NOW. Sounds like she does not want to deal with it.

I would not blame MSC's customer service, sounds like a bad TA. I booked and at time of booking I was eligible for military (5% off). TA also told me about the status match. You need to get your TA to straighten it out NOW. Sounds like she does not want to deal with it.

I wouldn't be so quick to blame the TA in this. I was literally on the phone with mine while reading and she explained some of the many issues she's had with MSC's customer service. She's been hung up on several times, and after being on hold for more than an hour or more. She said it took 8 months to get deposits back for clients - after canceling, MSC doesn't just refund your money. It has to be requested in a written letter for each cabin/client.

I wouldn't be so quick to blame the TA in this. I was literally on the phone with mine while reading and she explained some of the many issues she's had with MSC's customer service. She's been hung up on several times, and after being on hold for more than an hour or more. She said it took 8 months to get deposits back for clients - after canceling, MSC doesn't just refund your money. It has to be requested in a written letter for each cabin/client.

As most things, it probably just depends on who you get on the other end of the phone. I have never had problems with MSC customer service. Just recently I cancelled a trip due to an itinerary change and I was refunded for both the deposit and a prepaid excursion within 2 weeks. It was over the phone, easy as could be.

As most things, it probably just depends on who you get on the other end of the phone. I have never had problems with MSC customer service. Just recently I cancelled a trip due to an itinerary change and I was refunded for both the deposit and a prepaid excursion within 2 weeks. It was over the phone, easy as could be.

Exactly. I spoke to customer service several times prior to our Seaside cruise and never had an issue. Everyone I spoke to was professional and took care of whatever I needed.

You should be status matched to Black, which is their highest status currently. Go directly to http://www.msc.com

On the home page, look up to the top banner, and click "Voyagers Club".

Then click "Status Match Program".

It has information about all you want to know on Voyagers club, and it also has a form for you to complete online to submit for the status match. Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

I cancelled a cruise via ta. Got my refund the next day. Although it was only $98.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk