Which cruise terminal for the Sojourn in Singapore?

DUHCAR

In Singapore there are 2 terminal cruise: Marina Bay Cruise Centre at Marina Bay and the Singapore Cruise Centre at Harbourfront. Which one would the Sojourn dock at next April? Trying to figure out how early we'd have to disembark to catch a 9:15 flight to Bali. We'd be cleared with customs and immigration since we are overnighting there. Just need to keep the luggage in the room and let the purser know. Otherwise we are hanging around for a 5pm flight.

What could possibly go wrong? :cool:

Hi DUHCAR, with no guarantee as checking both port schedules they are coming up with no result for April, 2019......maybe too early yet?

This March when we visited on Sojourn she was docked at the Singapore Cruise Centre. She docked overnight there. One of our friends onboard was catching an very early morning flight to New York. Our friend had no trouble making the flight, so hopefully there will be no problems for you as well.

I will add that our Encore cruise last year ended up docking at the Marina Bay Sands Terminal, but that may have been due to the fact it was there for the Inaugural Ceremony.

Julie

Yes, I'm afraid there is no definitive answer to this one. We have used both terminals. Encore (and Sojourn) were in the Marina Bay terminal for Encore's maiden voyage but we have also picked up Sojourn from the Singapore Cruise Terminal by the entrance to Sentosa Island.

Either way a great gateway to your cruise.

Henry :)

Both times we have sailed out of Singapore with Seabourn we have sailed from the Cruise Terminal adjacent Sentosa (the cable cars go right over the ships pool deck)

In March we arrived at midnight from Melbourne and stayed at the airport hotel; then grabbed a taxi at 11.30am, that had just dropped a group of departing Seabourn Pax* off at the hotel, so the driver knew exactly where the ship was.

(* I have a sneaking suspicion that it may have been some of our correspondents on here:) )

Thanks all. The travel time to Changi is either 16 or 21 minutes, so not too much difference. I'll stop worrying.

Well, maybe not stop, but I'll worry about something else now.

DUHCAR: If you left the ship between 0600 & 0630 and had a car booked, you should be fine for making your flight. Some airlines are 1 hour prior if you've checked-in online. Perhaps ask the local company you book a car through, they would know the traffic conditions at that hour.

DUHCAR: If you left the ship between 0600 & 0630 and had a car booked, you should be fine for making your flight. Some airlines are 1 hour prior if you've checked-in online. Perhaps ask the local company you book a car through, they would know the traffic conditions at that hour.

Yes, that's the timing I was thinking of too. The missus was a little perturbed at the early hour, but otherwise it was waiting until a 4:50pm flight and arriving in Ubud after dark. This way we are there at 1pm and can see things as we drive up vs. after dark.

And besides, the last morning is just sad, hanging around the ship with your luggage already gone.

Yes, that's the timing I was thinking of too. The missus was a little perturbed at the early hour, but otherwise it was waiting until a 4:50pm flight and arriving in Ubud after dark. This way we are there at 1pm and can see things as we drive up vs. after dark.

And besides, the last morning is just sad, hanging around the ship with your luggage already gone.

working it backwards. Flight at 0915, and a Bali flight too, so usually not a huge plane. You'll have bags to check so I wouldn't arrive any later at the checkin counter than 1 1/2 hours before although many would cut that to an hour with no issue. If you've checked in online you can use the bag drop or auto checkins which are fast and anyone in the line 90 minutes before take off is definitely going to get on the plane.

You'd be hard-pressed to take more than 30 minutes getting from even the further terminal (Harbourfront) to Changi, it's expressway all the way now (MCE,ECP .. ). Even if a weekday you're going against any commuter flow and that time in the morning, traffic's fine.

So I'd personally put my drop-dead time for being in the car on the move at 0715 and because we're paranoid, I'd give myself an extra 15-30 minutes .. so I'd leave at 0700 or 0645. Arrive too early at the airport (>2 hours) for some flights you won't even find checkin open.