Epic for 4 adults?

sexyaznboy

Hey everyone, we are a family of four adults on a bit of a budget. Looking into booking either a family balcony or mini suite on Epic. Can someone explain the difference and other than the two regular twin beds, is it a fold out couch where two people have to sleep together or is there a Pullman that drops down from the ceiling? I can’t imagine the Pullman or sofa would be very comfortable. Has anyone booked these for four before? Thanks so much!

Please tell me family balcony or mini suite means you have two cabins for four adults Lol. Just teasing. Good Luck and have fun.

Oh trust me I know it’s going to be a tight squeeze, and I’d love to have the $$$ for two Haven suites but not in the cards for us and we would still like to travel. We won’t spend much time in the cabin for sure!

https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/cruise-accommodations/minisuites-and-balconies'

See what other cruisers said about their staterooms:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/norwegian-epic-deck-plans/dp/family-mini-suite-with-balcony-m2/cc/

Depends on the cruise ship, a mini suite - it is just the bathroom a little bit bigger. Not the size of the room.

https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/cruise-accommodations/minisuites-and-balconies'

See what other cruisers said about their staterooms:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/norwegian-epic-deck-plans/dp/family-mini-suite-with-balcony-m2/cc/

Depends on the cruise ship, a mini suite - it is just the bathroom a little bit bigger. Not the size of the room.

Thanks poohdreaming, very helpful!

Serious- have you considered 2 insides instead? 4 people sharing a bathroom- try that at home first before booking on a cruise. And if one of them gets up in the night and hits everyone else's feet on their way to the bathroom that everyone else will hear flush...might not be the bargain you're thinking of.

Serious- have you considered 2 insides instead? 4 people sharing a bathroom- try that at home first before booking on a cruise. And if one of them gets up in the night and hits everyone else's feet on their way to the bathroom that everyone else will hear flush...might not be the bargain you're thinking of.

Hey Nancy yes I did look into this but the difference would be about 400 per person that we could use on tours, etc. I’m not as concerned about the bathroom as the comfort level of the beds lol

Are you all cool with being to see outlines of naked people showering and sitting on the "throne" and the smells and sounds IN THE CABIN???

Not sure about the naked people part but sounds and smells would be there whether 2 or 4 in a cabin ;p

You might want to look at the cabin layout. The Epic is known for the strange bathroom/shower/sink IN the bedroom layout. The shower is literally right at the door. Might be a bad layout with timing of showers and the 4 of you coming and going. I'd consider another ship like the Escape or Getaway where the bathrooms are an actual room not "part" of your room.Mini-Suite#EPIC_FAMILY_MINI_SUITE_BALCONY_M2_M3_M4_R-staterooms-gallery

We did a balcony with 4 on the Epic. My husband, myself and our 20 and 22 year old kids. One kid on the couch, the other in a pull down from the ceiling. The bathroom was not optimal, but there is a curtain that blocks it off. It was a great deal as it was 3/4 sail free, unlimited drinks for 2, soda package for 2, unlimited speciality dining for all 4, and included gratuity! This was a Mediterranean cruise in 2015.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We did a balcony with 4 on the Epic. My husband, myself and our 20 and 22 year old kids. One kid on the couch, the other in a pull down from the ceiling. The bathroom was not optimal, but there is a curtain that blocks it off. It was a great deal as it was 3/4 sail free, unlimited drinks for 2, soda package for 2, unlimited speciality dining for all 4, and included gratuity! This was a Mediterranean cruise in 2015.

This is the kind of deal I’m thinking of, but yours was way better. The third and fourth free does make a big difference, so you guys were ok?

As long as somebody is fine in an upper berth it will work. Pick a cabin near the gym/spa and you will have easy access to extra bathroom and shower facilities.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Honestly OP if that is all you can afford then go for it. I cruise on a budget as well and I would love to always get a balcony or heck go for a Haven suite but I rather cruise in an inside cabin at the most affordable it can get than to not cruise or vacation at all.

Yes it will be tight and crowded but with arrangements such as shower times it's manageable. Have a great cruise.

This is the kind of deal I’m thinking of, but yours was way better. The third and fourth free does make a big difference, so you guys were ok?

Yes, we were fine. 2 showered in the mornings, the other 2 in the evenings. We used every shelf, drawer, nook and cranny to store our clothes so try not to over pack (we had 4 suitcases and they fit under the bed)

Just came back from the Epic a few weeks ago. Just know that the rooms are small. The inside rooms are literally smaller than my bathroom! I swear my husband stepped on my toes 50 times that week! We spent very little time in the room, but it was unbearably small. Definitely would go with a balcony room or bigger. Also the couches are curved which look hard to sleep on unless your a small child.

Thanks for all the opinions. Yes I know it’s not ideal but if there are at least 3 comfortable beds we can always alternate on the upper berth. As long as we are on the ship, it’s all good :D

I would be more concerned about the comfort of the sofa bed than the upper, at least the upper has an actual mattress!

we are thinking on doing the same - 4 to a room on the Gem - with a Family Balcony - has anyone done this?

It will be tight, but I would much rather do it on the gem than on epic. Rooms aren’t quite as small, and you have an actual bathroom. When the third and fourth beds are made up you won’t be able to walk around them to get onto the balcony though.