How to get an 11-12 year old excited for Northern Europe?

We are doing a Baltic cruise with our 12 year old in July of this year and I don't think he knows where we are going. I've given up trying to get him (and our 13 year old) interested in anything about this trip.

Same with my 10 year old! I’ve told her but the country names mean anything to her. My 13 would not read the books I got him from the library. Oh well!!

My kids are the same. They are happy to go anywhere and don't seem to really care too much what we do. That said, like I posted, my older dds were excited to see the things they'd learned about in AP World History on our Baltic cruise. And 15yo dd told me last month that she doesn't want to go to NY with the school trip because "We learn more things on our family trips." So even if they aren't planning, they are absorbing the experience.

The outdoor Folk Museum in Oslo is brilliant for children as is the Petroleum Museum in Stavanger - much more interesting and fun than it may sound. The kids can go on a mock up of an oil rig and see a 3D presentation amongst lots of other activities.

The Viking ship museum is close to the Folk Museum in Oslo (get there by crossing the fjord by little boat ) very close to where the ship docks. Great fun....they should love it.