Our team is in the Stanley Cup finals (Go CAPS) and we sail on June 9th!

Littlegoo75

I really hope it will be played in the sports bar. My husband has been waiting his whole life for this!

Of course, if the Caps win the next 3 games, it won't even be an issue.

About 15 years ago, I booked a cruise that departed on Superbowl Sunday, I even asked my (now EX) husband if he was okay with the dates, and he said he was. He was so mad about it, he gave me the cold shoulder the entire cruise! They were supposed to play the game on a huge screen on the lido deck, but there were technical difficulties. What an idiot......this may have been what ultimately sealed the deal for the divorce!

I really hope it will be played in the sports bar. My husband has been waiting his whole life for this!

About 15 years ago, I booked a cruise that departed on Superbowl Sunday, I even asked my (now EX) husband if he was okay with the dates, and he said he was. He was so mad about it, he gave me the cold shoulder the entire cruise! They were supposed to play the game on a huge screen on the lido deck, but there were technical difficulties. What an idiot......this may have been what ultimately sealed the deal for the divorce!

Hopefully your current husband is more forgiving if they don't show it;)

(Oh and Go Knights! LOL)

I hate to tell you this, but I just got off the Glory last week and the sports bar does NOT have NBC or NBCSN. I had to "watch" the Caps and Bolts on the score ticker scrolling across the bottom of ESPN2 every couple of minutes.

Oh NO!!! Well, my husband is really supersticious, and he may choose not to watch it either way...... he was the same way when the Astros were playing in the WS....he had to stop watching during game 5, and that's when the miracle happened. We will set the DVR though!

Yes, this husband is way more reasonable than the last one!! His reasoning behind the Caps making it to the finals was because we booked the cruise, and may end up being away during the biggest game ever.

I'm no help about the availability to watch it but had to throw in that a lot of folks in Nashville are rooting for the Caps. I think a lot of us Preds fans would love to see Trotz win a cup! So good luck and have a great cruise!

Carnival got rid of the regular network channels. But they may still be able to pickup NBC. When I was on Breeze in March they were showing college basketball games on CBS.

Actually, they were streamed through the ESPN International channels. Remember how all the commercials were advertising European soccer and overseas cricket games? If Carnival wants to show the Stanley Cup, I'm sure they can stream NBC the same way.

Actually, they were streamed through the ESPN International channels. Remember how all the commercials were advertising European soccer and overseas cricket games? If Carnival wants to show the Stanley Cup, I'm sure they can stream NBC the same way.

I wasn't watching. Just saw them on the bar TVs while passing by and saw the CBS logo on the screen.

I've been booking my cruises this year around NFL games after Carnival Corp dropped local stations. Hope it works out well for you. I think it's starting to sink in with sports fans they'll need to be selective in booking cruises based on sports seasons.

Edited by winddawn

I would not be pleased if there was no way to watch my team in the Stanley Cup Final. Unfortunately I don't have to worry about that this year since My Jets were taken out last round. :loudcry::loudcry::loudcry: Hopefully you can find a way!

I just noticed on the Dream live review thread that they have the NBA playoffs on the schedule tonight. That's on ABC. Maybe they'll do something for the Stanley Cup...Then again basketball does seem to be more popular than hockey on cruises so maybe they won't.

I was on the Pride a couple years ago for the playoffs in early June and they had the NHL playoff games on in the sports bar. There were 2 games during our cruise and we watched both on the ship!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think they meant in your cabin. In April the sports bar had NBA, Golf, and NCAA all on local channels. Nada in the cabins.

Definitely won’t be any sports on in the cabin...well except for late night Russian ice motorcycle races.

068cd35bbbe569c8bee9f9a0cc6ef87d.heic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't get your hopes too high... I've tried several times in the past to watch hockey games on different ships, and was told each time they don't carry hockey... I figured the Sports Bar would have a game once in awhile, but nope.... :(

I'm no help about the availability to watch it but had to throw in that a lot of folks in Nashville are rooting for the Caps. I think a lot of us Preds fans would love to see Trotz win a cup! So good luck and have a great cruise!

Thanks!! As great of a story it is for Vegas, that their new expansion team made it to the finals, Caps fans have waited their entire lifetimes for this moment, and Ovechkin deserves it. Vegas can have it next year, their fans can wait another year.

Either way, a team that has never won the Cup will win it this year.

Don't get your hopes too high... I've tried several times in the past to watch hockey games on different ships, and was told each time they don't carry hockey... I figured the Sports Bar would have a game once in awhile, but nope.... :(

But......it's the Cup! Yeah, we're just going to assume it won't be on and just go on and enjoy our vacation.

Hopefully they will at least show the Astros games.....I mean half the ship will probably be full of Houston area peeps.

But......it's the Cup! Yeah, we're just going to assume it won't be on and just go on and enjoy our vacation.

Offtopic a little but do you know I was looking for the second and third game on the cable guide the other night and couldn't find them. They were relegated to NBC Sports Network (which luckily I get). I was thinking are you serious, the most interesting Stanley Cup in a while and they can't even show them on NBC but throw them on a channel that is only seen by people who upgraded to more than basic cable. I'm not a season long hockey fan cause there's no team in my state but hockey fans sure do get the shaft.

I wouldn't expect it. Much like we couldn't get any of the Olympics coverage this year, unless they've found a workaround, Carnival seems to shrug it off....much to the chagrin of passengers, crew, and the officers too. We once sailed on NCL during March Madness, and that was back when they had less channels than Carnival, yet somehow they managed to rise to the occasion and provide coverage in the bars and the cabins. They surely have the ability to add particular events on an ad hoc basis, they just don't seem inclined to do so.

Offtopic a little but do you know I was looking for the second and third game on the cable guide the other night and couldn't find them. They were relegated to NBC Sports Network (which luckily I get). I was thinking are you serious, the most interesting Stanley Cup in a while and they can't even show them on NBC but throw them on a channel that is only seen by people who upgraded to more than basic cable. I'm not a season long hockey fan cause there's no team in my state but hockey fans sure do get the shaft.

I agree.....if it's not basketball, baseball, or football, nobody seems to care.

I agree.....if it's not basketball, baseball, or football, nobody seems to care.

It’s not widespread enough. Most of the American teams are in the northeast, Florida or California. I like hockey...But there isn’t a NHL team out there for me.