Our team is in the Stanley Cup finals (Go CAPS) and we sail on June 9th!

Littlegoo75

Thanks!! As great of a story it is for Vegas, that their new expansion team made it to the finals, Caps fans have waited their entire lifetimes for this moment, and Ovechkin deserves it. Vegas can have it next year, their fans can wait another year.

Either way, a team that has never won the Cup will win it this year.

I agree with you. It's great that the cup will go to a team that hasn't gotten it yet. I'm in Vegas and was a Knights fan before they got into the finals, and will see them through thick and thin. GoKnightsGo!

It’s not widespread enough. Most of the American teams are in the northeast, Florida or California. I like hockey...But there isn’t a NHL team out there for me.
The geographic spread of the US based teams is very similar to the other sports, with the lone exception being Atlanta, where the NHL has failed on 2 different occasions with the Flames and the Thrashers. The northeast has 7 teams. The southeast has 5 with Washington, Carolina, Nashville, Tampa and Florida (Miami). The midwest/central has 5 with Columbus, Chicago, Detroit, Minnesota and St Louis. The west has 6 with LA, Anaheim, San Jose, Arizona, Las Vegas and Colorado.

So, if there is not a NHL team out there for you, which team from the other 3 major leagues is close to you that you root for?

Edited by SNJCruisers

The geographic spread of the US based teams is very similar to the other sports, with the lone exception being Atlanta, where the NHL has failed on 2 different occasions with the Flames and the Thrashers. The northeast has 7 teams. The southeast has 5 with Washington, Carolina, Nashville, Tampa and Florida (Miami). The midwest/central has 5 with Columbus, Chicago, Detroit, Minnesota and St Louis. The west has 6 with LA, Anaheim, San Jose, Arizona, Las Vegas and Colorado.

So, if there is not a NHL team out there for you, which team from the other 3 major leagues is close to you that you root for?

Maybe they're from the Pacific Northwest which has representation in every major League except hockey.

Saints and Pelicans.

Don't think you need to worry about this any longer. It appears the decision will be made before cruise date :)

:cool:I sure hope so! The finals are going so well for the Caps! BTW, I see you're from Dallas.....we have kind of adopted the Stars as our second team since it's the only Texas NHL team. We're still holding out hope that Tillman Fertita will be able to bring an NHL team to Houston. He wants to. I'm hoping we can get the Coyotes since their fate always seems to be up in the air.

No worries if they win Thursday and you can rock the red on Saturday!

That's the bummer about living in Houston....too hot to wear the jersey during Playoffs! The husband was born and raised in Reston, Va. I worked in D.C. for awhile and met the husband there, and we have since moved to Houston....hence, why we are Caps fans in Texas. I do have a red Caps tank top though that I will have to pack!

That's the bummer about living in Houston....too hot to wear the jersey during Playoffs! The husband was born and raised in Reston, Va. I worked in D.C. for awhile and met the husband there, and we have since moved to Houston....hence, why we are Caps fans in Texas. I do have a red Caps tank top though that I will have to pack!

The playoff beard gets too dang hot in the south too. I spent seven years in Alabama learning that.

Congrats on the win tonight. ...Before sailing! As a former lifelong Ranger Fan I know when you are waiting over 40 years to win a cup you want to see it when it happens!!
It was 54 years......I can still hear those Islander fans yelling 1940......1940. And the Ranger fans responding with beat your wife Denis, beat your wife.

i really hope it will be played in the sports bar. My husband has been waiting his whole life for this!

Of course, if the caps win the next 3 games, it won't even be an issue.

About 15 years ago, i booked a cruise that departed on superbowl sunday, i even asked my (now ex) husband if he was okay with the dates, and he said he was. He was so mad about it, he gave me the cold shoulder the entire cruise! They were supposed to play the game on a huge screen on the lido deck, but there were technical difficulties. What an idiot......this may have been what ultimately sealed the deal for the divorce!

no need to worry about it now!

It was 54 years......I can still hear those Islander fans yelling 1940......1940. And the Ranger fans responding with beat your wife Denis, beat your wife.

YES! LMAO! Nothing like the Ranger/Island rivalry in the 80's! Why I love Hockey so much!

Yes! Great news last night. It makes going on vacation that much sweeter! Unfortunately we won't receive our Stanley Cup champions gear in time to wear it on the cruise.

Congratulations! From a Sharks fan.:)

Hopefully the Warriors will win tonight or the next game, so that we can sail with 2018 NBA Championship attire. (Otherwise we'll wear last year's shirts!)

:)