airfare price from PDX, Portland Oregon good?

fishman620

We will be flying from PDX (Portland, Oregon) to SJU (San Juan) the first week in April....and was wondering what a good price for airfare is.....does $687 RT sound like a deal? Or should I wait until the Fall to get flights......any advice would be appreciated, Thanks.

We will be flying from PDX (Portland, Oregon) to SJU (San Juan) the first week in April....and was wondering what a good price for airfare is.....does $687 RT sound like a deal? Or should I wait until the Fall to get flights......any advice would be appreciated, Thanks.

We are in the same corner of the country (Seattle area) and find that $600-$700 round trip is about as cheap as you can get unless you are able to get a Southwest flight on dates that fit your schedule. Then maybe $550. Good luck! We got really lucky this year and were able to book first class on points through Alaska Air (partner with AA).

• 1 month later...

We lucked out and got flights for around $500 per person. I checked every day till it hit the price I felt was lowest. All flights out of PDX seem fairly ridiculous. It's cheaper to fly to Hawaii then to Minnesota to see my family. One thing we will sometimes do is include Seattle in our searches. If we do a Seattle flight, we rent a car one to and from Seattle. It's usually cheaper than the difference in fares and we go up early to play a little before the flight.

Oh if you check everyday for prices be sure to clear your browser history and cookies or if you use chrome search in the incognito tab.

Good luck.

Is that per person or for 2 people? I'm seeing United flights at $343 per person the first week of April.

If per person it seems really high, but at the same time April falls under the "Spring Break" time frame, and airlines are announcing price hikes due to higher fuel costs in Q2 and expected to continue.

If it's $687 for two people, that's a pretty good deal, especially from the West Coast. I would consider anything to San Juan under $300 per person a great deal and $343 isn't much more than that.

We just booked flights from Boise to SJU at $350 per person, but to get that price we have overnight layovers and a 2AM return time. The $343 per person I'm seeing isn't the best time wise (a 14 hour layover in Newark, yuck) but sometimes those sacrifices have to be made to save money.

We lucked out and got flights for around $500 per person. I checked every day till it hit the price I felt was lowest. All flights out of PDX seem fairly ridiculous. It's cheaper to fly to Hawaii then to Minnesota to see my family. One thing we will sometimes do is include Seattle in our searches. If we do a Seattle flight, we rent a car one to and from Seattle. It's usually cheaper than the difference in fares and we go up early to play a little before the flight.

Oh if you check everyday for prices be sure to clear your browser history and cookies or if you use chrome search in the incognito tab.

Good luck.

You can clear your cookies all you want but it makes no difference...The airlines don't care, keep track of or adjust their pricing based on how many times you check...;)