Changing CUCs back on departure

swisstony99

Hi,

Can anyone tell me, when you change CUCs back before leaving Cuba, do you need to produce some kind of receipt for the original transaction/are you obliged to change them back to the currency you originally used?

Reason I ask is that I'm in the UK so can bring Pounds quite easily & avoid the 10% USD levy. However we're then off to the US afterwards, so I'd ideally like to switch any surplus CUCs into dollars.

Is that possible?

Thanks

Just returned today. The exchange of remaining CUCs back to USD at the end of the day was the challenge. Exchange desk in the port building closed at 8 PM and you are just heading out for the evening. We had to do a little calculating of how much we would need for taxis, dinner and drinks for the evening. Our solution? We just stayed at the Floridita enjoying those yummy daiquiris until we had only enough CUCs for the taxi back to the ship and good tips for the waitress and taxi driver. :D No sense taking CUCs back home.