Room Categories

mauimacho

We have always been with another line but my wife would like to try Viking. What is the difference between the penthouse suites 1,2, and 3?

A PV3 costs on average $100 less per person than the PV2, which costs on average a $100 less per person than the PV1. ;) If you do a dummy booking and click on the line that tells the cabin category it shows the full description of the cabin amenities and you can easily see the differences, one of which is location on the ship as mentioned, and embarkation and cabin readiness time as another.

A PV3 costs on average $100 less per person than the PV2, which costs on average a $100 less per person than the PV1. ;) If you do a dummy booking and click on the line that tells the cabin category it shows the full description of the cabin amenities and you can easily see the differences, one of which is location on the ship as mentioned, and embarkation and cabin readiness time as another.

Deirdre, I've never done a dummy booking, so I don't know what information is included but I am wondering of you can get the same information except for price from the Viking website under the SHIP tab, chose a ship and then scroll down.

Here is what shows up on the website for a Penthouse Suite. Is it the same information?:

• Size including private veranda: 405 sq ft
  • 11:00 AM embarkation
  • 11:00 AM priority stateroom access
  • Priority shore excursion reservations: 87 days prior to departure
  • 3 guaranteed priority reservations at each alternative restaurant: 80 days prior to departure
  • Priority booking of spa treatments: 80 days prior to departure
  • King-size Viking Explorer Bed with luxury linens & pillows
  • Free Wi-Fi (connection speed may vary)
  • Two 42" flat-screen, interactive LCD TVs with intuitive remote & complimentary Movies On Demand
  • 110/220 volt outlets & USB ports
  • Mini-bar with alcoholic beverages, soft drinks, water & snacks (replenished once daily); security safe; hair dryer
  • Direct-dial satellite phone & cell service
  • Large private bathroom with spacious glass-enclosed shower, double-sink vanity, heated bathroom floor & anti-fog mirror
  • Premium Freyja® toiletries; plush robes & slippers
  • Purified water refilled daily
  • Stateroom steward & twice-daily housekeeping
  • 24-hour room service
  • Spacious closet & drawers
  • Complimentary laundry, dry cleaning, pressing & shoe shine services
  • Welcome bottle of champagne
  • In-suite binoculars, coffee brewer & cashmere blanket
  • View the Penthouse Junior Suite in our 360° Ocean Ship Tour

Viking used to give this information in an easy to compare table; I wish they would go back to it.

Last year we were told by Viking via our TA that location is the only difference between the Penthouse Suite categories PS1, 2 or 3. There is one caveat though...the two accessible rooms which are in the PS3 category, these rooms are laid out quite differently from the other PS rooms. If you take a look at the recent Cruise Critic pictorials of the Viking Sky, you can see for yourself how different these two rooms are (I have no idea if these differences are consistent on each ship). I believe the only category where there is a difference in both the location and the layouts and sizes would be the Explorer Suite category.

For the three cruises that I am currently looking at in 2019 and 2020 the differential in price between each PS category ranges from $200 to $500; the differential in price changes per category, so for the same cruises the differential in price within the different Penthouse Veranda categories PV1, 2 or 3 ranges from $100 to $200.

Deirdre, I've never done a dummy booking, so I don't know what information is included but I am wondering of you can get the same information except for price from the Viking website under the SHIP tab, chose a ship and then scroll down.

Here is what shows up on the website for a Penthouse Suite. Is it the same information?:

• Size including private veranda: 405 sq ft
  • 11:00 AM embarkation
  • 11:00 AM priority stateroom access
  • Priority shore excursion reservations: 87 days prior to departure
  • 3 guaranteed priority reservations at each alternative restaurant: 80 days prior to departure
  • Priority booking of spa treatments: 80 days prior to departure
  • King-size Viking Explorer Bed with luxury linens & pillows
  • Free Wi-Fi (connection speed may vary)
  • Two 42" flat-screen, interactive LCD TVs with intuitive remote & complimentary Movies On Demand
  • 110/220 volt outlets & USB ports
  • Mini-bar with alcoholic beverages, soft drinks, water & snacks (replenished once daily); security safe; hair dryer
  • Direct-dial satellite phone & cell service
  • Large private bathroom with spacious glass-enclosed shower, double-sink vanity, heated bathroom floor & anti-fog mirror
  • Premium Freyja® toiletries; plush robes & slippers
  • Purified water refilled daily
  • Stateroom steward & twice-daily housekeeping
  • 24-hour room service
  • Spacious closet & drawers
  • Complimentary laundry, dry cleaning, pressing & shoe shine services
  • Welcome bottle of champagne
  • In-suite binoculars, coffee brewer & cashmere blanket
  • View the Penthouse Junior Suite in our 360° Ocean Ship Tour

Viking used to give this information in an easy to compare table; I wish they would go back to it.

Peregrina, Viking still has this info on the website and as you said choose the ship, deck, click on the cabin and the window like you described will pop up.

I believe OP asked about PV not PS.

Mauimacho, all cabins in the same category are the same. PV1,2,3 are identical. The difference is location only.

There is a difference in the window in some of the cabins. Some have abig floor to ceiling window and the regular glass door to the veranda, some have just sliding door like the patio door. Someone said the difference relates to the structure of the ship.