Favorite Posts of Call: Caribbean

cfprunner

We really liked Grenada for its beauty and friendly people. We took a nature related tour and it was wonderful.

Antigua was great for a relaxing time on a quiet beach. We hired a cab driver that grew up on the island (he was 65 yrs old) for a tour. He was great. Took us by his home, showed us where he and his children grew up as well as driving all over the island and stopping whenever we asked or he saw something that was of interest. It was fantastic to hear him tell stories of his island. He was really proud of it.

We asked to go to a quiet beach where I could sit in the shade and order umbrella drinksand read a good book while the wife could sit in the sun. He took us to one but alas no shade. Took us to another small resort and it was perfect. Met a couple from Europe that had been coming back to that small resort for 17 years.

Cab driver went into the lobby and took a nap. A few hours later we woke him and said time to go. We must of had him for 6 hours and he charged us $50 US. I gave him another $25 just because we had such a great time.:)

I think it's unfortunate that this thread is getting much less activity than the one asking about LEAST favorite ports! My favorite would definitely have to be Barbados -- one of the few Caribbean islands we've returned to several times, even when we weren't on a cruise. Also like Curacao, Dominica, Key West & Grenada.

I think part of the problem is the typo in the thread title! Who is the idiot OP who can't spell? -- Oh wait, I started this thread! :D

Grenada, St. Lucia (You have to see the Pitons up close from the water), and Antigua!

Pitons-Tourist-Board.jpg

I posted this on the Least Fav thread re: Grenada

I loved Grenada! I think it helped that I have spent more time there than any other island and I know my favorite spots. Next time, try the Aquarium Restaurant. They catch the fish after you order it! Now that is fresh!

Resize_Wizard-1.jpg

You can louge in a free chair on one of the most beautiful and secluded beaches on the island with snorkeling right from the beach! Stay all day for the price of lunch and a few Carib beers.

The food is great too!

• Pumpkin & Ginger Soup
  • Callaloo Spanakopita with fresh basil pesto
  • Aquarium Medley- shrimp, scallop and fish, each lightly grilled and presented in individual sauces
  • Filet Mignon with garlic butter, blue cheese or bernaise sauce
  • Jamaican Jerk Chicken with mango chutney
  • Souffle glace Grand Marnier

Now if you just went to Grand Anse Beach, you really missed a great Port of Call.

St.Thomas, St.Maarten ... Grand Cayman

HAL's private island in the Bahamas: Half Moon Cay (it's not Caribbean but still) it's the most beautiful beach I've ever been too.

From the Caribbean cruise I took as a kid 30-plus years ago, Aruba & Barbados.

Have not gone that far south yet in my adult "cruising career," so, so far from that group, it's Jamaica (maybe because we toured Ocho Rios with Peat Taylor ... still trying to figure out who we'll book for Montego Bay off Galaxy in April!) and Key West!

Archived