NCL Escape Bermuda: Dailies & Cabin 9238

lor74

Cabin 9238 - Family mini-suite:

I had originally booked a guaranteed balcony. I then put bids on the mini upgrade & the Haven. The mini was accepted for $60pp. I was quite upset when I first received the news. Why would you put 2 adults in the family section, in an adjoining room for 4 people? I was already envisioning screaming children everywhere at all hours. Seeing the description that it was conveniently located near the splash zone and also above the Waterfront, I was thinking that my need for a relaxing vacation was already ruined! I called NCL and was told that I was stuck with the upgrade.

Thankfully the stress was all for nought....It was a great cabin! Only on the first night did we get the sound of a crying baby from a few cabins over. It only lasted for a couple of minutes. The Waterfront deck is completely covered, and you could only hear people taking if you were on the balcony. The noise levels were low. The Splash Zone is on a lower deck and nowhere near the cabins. I guess the cabin is technically more conveniently located than a higher deck.

The cabin is mid-ship. There was no motion to speak of, but the entire sailing was extremely smooth. It is large. There is a full couch which I think pulls out, and a bunk bed in the ceiling. The bathroom is spacious with a double sink and shower tub. The balcony is standard size with 2 chairs and a little table. It over looks the Waterfront roof. This could be considered an obstructed balcony on other lines.

There was enough storage space with the closet, cubbies, and area under the tv. There is also 2 drawers under the sofa.

One word of caution for tall people: The shower is over a bathtub. I am 6’3”, and there was only enough room for me to put my hand on my head before hitting the ceiling.

530bca244142a064c6f9e910d79bb48b.jpg

8ff040c0e25a561eec24944f6c193c8b.jpg

a7f32139827b1499c5c6b1dbf4108c91.jpg

0a62a1f693030004efc5d77355badbdc.jpg

c031b5aad104d7c3f9bf4ee9c447d148.jpg

The weather was not great, with a lot of rain and overcast for the first half, but we still made the best of it and had a good cruise. I really don’t have anything negative to say. Good service all around, plenty to do on board. The free ferry to St George is a very nice perk. The water taxi to Hamilton was $18 round trip for 2 adults.

Almost forgot...I had the standard internet package. It was slow but worked. The coverage was good, including the balcony:

88fbec55a2bd5a43f6a632981d5948a7.jpg

On to the next sailing [emoji2]

87f14633a942e44722abedae348db7d2.jpg

72f22f2814b913fde3c351b43cb5ce34.jpg

e00dfa316bee0bae4985790d6e1a9a4d.jpg

The weather was not great, with a lot of rain and overcast for the first half, but we still made the best of it and had a good cruise. I really don’t have anything negative to say. Good service all around, plenty to do on board. The free ferry to St George is a very nice perk. The water taxi to Hamilton was $18 round trip for 2 adults.

I'm so torn with what to do. We live in sunny Florida :D The weather is a concern. I'm not sure if you know, but is this typical of Bermuda cruise weather in early June? I saw 59 degrees on a couple of your dailies. We will be in hats and scarves in that kind of weather LOL Our sailing is for June 2nd of next year.

I'm so torn with what to do. We live in sunny Florida :D The weather is a concern. I'm not sure if you know, but is this typical of Bermuda cruise weather in early June? I saw 59 degrees on a couple of your dailies. We will be in hats and scarves in that kind of weather LOL Our sailing is for June 2nd of next year.

I wouldn’t worry about it too much. While the weather is questionable everywhere nowadays...especially Florida lately in the Winter...brrrr....Bermuda is very consistent. Rain or shine it is always 75-80 degrees. The temperature barely drops when the sun goes down. Those temps listed on the dailies were not accurate at all...it was never that cold. Having been to Bermuda multiple times, it is common to have a passing shower. On our first day there, it rained off n on the entire day....we still took the ferry across and I still managed to get a little burnt.

We took the Hamilton ferry at 6:45pm for an evening walk through the shops. Found out when we arrived in Hamilton that the city closes at 6:30pm. Only restaurants stay open past 6pm. Wasted 2 hours just walking around a deserted city. Return ferry was 9pm. The cruise line should inform guests about the shopping hours of their destinations.

I wouldn’t worry about it too much. While the weather is questionable everywhere nowadays...especially Florida lately in the Winter...brrrr....Bermuda is very consistent. Rain or shine it is always 75-80 degrees. The temperature barely drops when the sun goes down. Those temps listed on the dailies were not accurate at all...it was never that cold. Having been to Bermuda multiple times, it is common to have a passing shower. On our first day there, it rained off n on the entire day....we still took the ferry across and I still managed to get a little burnt.

Great! Thank you for the info!

I would book a later date if I were you.