Bruges taxi question

Hi,

We were thinking of taking the city tour from the ship (Crystal Serenity) which is about 5 hours, but then staying in the town for a few hours longer instead of returning with the tour to the ship so that we can have lunch in Bruges and see more of the town. We would need a taxi to take us from Bruges back to the ship.

In your collective experiences Is this possible to do or would it be a problem to find a taxi to get back to the ship. Other thoughts?

Thanks

:)

there are plenty of Taxis by the centre of town

I think STEL taxi has an office by the canal tours but not sure so you could check in advance

Maybe Crystal have a diy shuttle that you could get back to the ship

Bruges itself is pretty much a DIY town & the tourist office has walking tours

there are plenty of Taxis by the centre of town

I think STEL taxi has an office by the canal tours but not sure so you could check in advance

Maybe Crystal have a diy shuttle that you could get back to the ship

thank you! I am a little nervous about not having a return taxi booked, but the companies do not seem to want to book only one way...

Yep! When we went last summer there was a coach bus offering R/T rides to Bruges for like 20 Euros/person. We hopped on that, got into town just as things were getting opened and spent about 8-9 hours there. It's a beautiful city, easy to walk to everything and find your way around. I also bought a little guide book before to give us some ideas.

Yep! When we went last summer there was a coach bus offering R/T rides to Bruges for like 20 Euros/person. We hopped on that, got into town just as things were getting opened and spent about 8-9 hours there. It's a beautiful city, easy to walk to everything and find your way around. I also bought a little guide book before to give us some ideas.

Thanks!

Which shuttle company was it and did they have multiple busses or did you have to wait for half an hour for another bus?

Was it a problem to return to the ship or did they also have multiple shuttles? what time did you leave the ship to get into the city?

thank you!

Judy

Thanks!

Which shuttle company was it and did they have multiple busses or did you have to wait for half an hour for another bus?

Was it a problem to return to the ship or did they also have multiple shuttles? what time did you leave the ship to get into the city?

thank you!

Judy

They had a couple of coach buses out there waiting. They gave us this little ticket to return with. So when we were done in Bruges (around 4ish I'd say), we walked back the train station parking lot. There were a lot of buses, so we just had to find ones that were from the company we used. I don't know how often they run, I think we sat there maybe 10-15 minutes, which was fine. We had plenty of time to get back to the ship. We got off the ship right when it docked, as soon as we were allowed. We had planned on catching a cab, which had been suggested, but then we were pleasantly surprised to find this tour company running right at the ship, dockside. We got into town early, like some stores weren't open yet. But it was sooo... nice, not crowded at all. It got way more crowded later in the day.

Which is why I'd also suggest, which I'm sure I mentioned in my trip report, if you plan on doing the canal boat tour, do it early. When we did it later in the day, it was packed and we had to wait like 30-40 minutes.

They had a couple of coach buses out there waiting. They gave us this little ticket to return with. So when we were done in Bruges (around 4ish I'd say), we walked back the train station parking lot. There were a lot of buses, so we just had to find ones that were from the company we used. I don't know how often they run, I think we sat there maybe 10-15 minutes, which was fine. We had plenty of time to get back to the ship. We got off the ship right when it docked, as soon as we were allowed. We had planned on catching a cab, which had been suggested, but then we were pleasantly surprised to find this tour company running right at the ship, dockside. We got into town early, like some stores weren't open yet. But it was sooo... nice, not crowded at all. It got way more crowded later in the day.

Which is why I'd also suggest, which I'm sure I mentioned in my trip report, if you plan on doing the canal boat tour, do it early. When we did it later in the day, it was packed and we had to wait like 30-40 minutes.

Thanks, Cindy!! Very helpful.