Old San Juan

rlo

I didn't know about the Sundays, (after a week on Jewel I forgot what day it was! )

Figured that ..... since we were on the same ship .... had to be a Sunday .... unless you swam back;)

Hello everyone,

I'm scheduled to cruise on the Harmony of the Seas on September 15, 2018.

I'd like to schedule a local driver for sight seeing Old San Juan.

Any recommendations?

Thank you,

Rosie

There are actually free tour buses that travel around the old city regularly. You can pick it up near the bus terminal which is a block or so from where the ships dock. There are many helpful people in the vicinity to point you in the right direction. :)

When we were at Old San Juan it was easy to get the trolley by the ships but very hard to find space on one when leaving the fort. Although I'm somewhat mobility limited due to a bad knee, we were able to walk down from Fort San Cristobal. It was a great walk. :D:D

We grabbed a cab at the taxi stand right off the pier, and quickly went up to the 2 forts Bob mentions, trying to get there as early as we can before the crowds and the heat. They are up hill from the rest of old San Juan, and so we slowly make our way back down on foot thru town or hop on the free trolley, stopping by any street festivals or nice shops, bar or restaurants. Back down the hill near the pier we really enjoyed walking the paseo de princesa. Old San Juan remains one of our all time favorite ports, and we look forward to returning.