Does the cruise ship provide paper towels in the stateroom?

tran93le

I know that they provide hand towels, but for medical/personal reasons I need paper towels.

I’ll be using a lot of paper towels. I might bring in my own, but I’m just wondering if they do provide them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can ask the steward to have a roll in your room each morning while handing them a 20 dollar bill. That should work to ensure you have what you need

No paper towels in public restrooms on any Carnival ship that I've been on.

Same here, only air dryers, only place I've ever seen paper towels was at the hand washing stations by Guys and BI on the Lido, and at Cherry on Top.

Since then I'll buy a roll( cheaper), tear off a bunch of sheets, stick them in a zip loc and throw them in my carry on...great for the beach.

This is probably your best bet. That way you will have the kind you like, rather than having to rely on whatever Special Needs provides (or whether they will provide them).

You can ask the steward to have a roll in your room each morning while handing them a 20 dollar bill. That should work to ensure you have what you need

It will be a cold day in hell before I gave anyone $20 for a roll of paper towels...LOL

Pack your own!

It will be a cold day in hell before I gave anyone $20 for a roll of paper towels...LOL

Pack your own!

It would be a cold day in hell before I wasted a quarter of a suitcase on a lousy roll of paper towels. Don't pack any if you can avoid it!

It would be a cold day in hell before I wasted a quarter of a suitcase on a lousy roll of paper towels. Don't pack any if you can avoid it!
Must be an awfully small suitcase if a roll of Bounty will take up 25%. If absolutely needed, rip off 20 or so sheets, put it in a zip lock bag and then roll it up and put it inside of a shoe, thus taking up zero extra space in your suitcase.

Must be an awfully small suitcase if a roll of Bounty will take up 25%. If absolutely needed, rip off 20 or so sheets, put it in a zip lock bag and then roll it up and put it inside of a shoe, thus taking up zero extra space in your suitcase.

That's where socks go.

Mine go in a ziplock and right in my pocketbook. Takes up no room at all when folded flat!

Not a roll, but to replace a used roll each day. It seems the OP will need a lot for medical reasons

I honestly don't remember ever seeing actual "rolls" of paper towels on any cruise.

I do wish they had towels in the restrooms other than those tissue like papers on the door. Those dryer things are gross.

Any toilet paper, repeat any toilet paper, is safe to flush down a ship's toilet. Septic safe toilet paper means that the paper fibers will break down relatively quickly while stagnant in a septic tank. Ship's waste water systems are anything but static. Due to the rapid processing of waste water on a ship, the system is designed to remove paper fibers from the process flow as it is known that they cannot be digested in the time given. If you think that the dreadful toilet paper that cruise ships supply is "septic safe", I've got a bridge in NYC to sell you.

You are correct, that wipes and such, even those labeled "flushable" should not be flushed down ship's toilets. Paper products that are designed for "strength" (paper towels, wipes, etc) over "comfort" (tissues, TP) use woven paper fibers and do not break down in turbulent water flow. The "comfort" products use pressed fibers which will break down in turbulent flow, though the nature of vacuum toilets is that the "product" from the bowl has to retain some "shape" and "stability" in order to proceed down (or in some cases up) the pipes.

I was mostly talking about the prevalent use of wipes and other things people flush (cotton pads, balls, swabs). But your point on the mention of septic safe is well taken. Thanks!

I honestly don't remember ever seeing actual "rolls" of paper towels on any cruise.

I do wish they had towels in the restrooms other than those tissue like papers on the door. Those dryer things are gross.

At night, the Steakhouse bathrooms usually have hand cloths to dry your hands.

FWIW, plumbing is different in Mexico and other places. Everything not produced by the body goes into the trash.

In complete concurrence with sgttami. No paper towels on Carnival. I've seen them on Princess and Royal, but absolutely not on Carnival.

I recall towels at the lido hand washing station, but other than that just the air dryers (and small tissues to open the doors)

Assuming a 7 day cruise that's only 3 towels per day. I'd guess the OP would need more than that.

At night, the Steakhouse bathrooms usually have hand cloths to dry your hands.

FWIW, plumbing is different in Mexico and other places. Everything not produced by the body goes into the trash.

My son is going on a mission trip to Guatemala and was told the same thing - once off US soil all paper in the trash cans.