Uber for 5 plus luggage or alternatives? *Cape Liberty

jessgmann

I'm cruising on Adventure out of Cape Liberty this Friday. We have a pre-night booked at Hilton Newark Penn Station. My family consists of 3 adults (me, husband, MIL) and 2 kids. 3 large suitcases, 3 carryons.

I was planning to uber, but am now questioning the logistics of that with 5 people and luggage. Right now, my best idea is to order an Uber XL & see if we all fit. If so, great. Otherwise, part of our group can split up and order a 2nd Uber.

Any suggestions for our transportation? Whether Uber or any private transfer service, etc?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Just a heads up when arriving back from your cruise. We arrived on the Adventure repo cruise a few months ago. Uber had surge pricing in effect for pickups at Cape Liberty.

Why not do a price shop with Dial 7 and Carmel, 2 of the largest licensed tri-state car services familiar with cruise transfers ... you probably "should" fit 6 pc. of luggage & 5 riders (3 adults & 2 child) into a mini-van - their confirmed price quote are usually not much higher than a deluxe/luxury 4 door sedan and less/lower than a XLT type SUV (i.e. those GMC Suburban w 3 row seatings)

We used Uber to and from Newark airport for 5/18 Adventure cruise. 5 adults plus 5 large bags, used Uber SUV. Able to fit snuggly in Buick Suv and VERY snuggly in infinity SUV. Short ride, paid $72-84 each way. Much cheaper than taxi.

I've had Uber XL rides that were an SUV but no way would they have been big enough for 3 large suitcases plus 3 carry on bags, in addition to 5 adults. Personally, I'd skip the "what ifs" and just use a car service like Dial 7 or Carmel. I know with Dial 7, when you book, you specify how many people and you'll get vehicle options that tell you how many people/bags they can hold.

Thanks everyone for the insight.

We decided to go with Dial 7 private transfers just to give me peace of mind over worrying about splitting up in multiple ubers. We paid about 85 each way, plus tip.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk