group rate and/or military discount???

MamaParrotHead

We're still eyeing a 6/07 Destiny cruise (Carnival is only showing bookings available through 4/07 currently). My question is this...do we have to choose between military and group discounts? If so, which is better? We're just looking for a 6A OV. We're not trying to be tightwads, but we only get to cruise every couple years and have to make the most of what we have.

Thanks!

I originally booked our upcoming cruise to Hawaii with the CC group. After contacting my PVP I cancelled and rebooked. This way I received an $800 military discount which I would not of received with the CC group. Considerably less with the discount. This discount was for a Cat 11.

Mike

I booked with Carnival using the military/veteran discount. If you have a particular group in mind I would check and compare as I have seen posted elsewhere the military/veteran discount may vary between 15-25% depending on cruise. Good luck with your plans and have a great cruise.

Frank

You can't use both the group rate and the military discount. If you have your heart set on that particular date then find out if the military rate is available for that sailing. If it is, compare the fares and book the lower of the two. If it isn't then you need to figure out if the difference in the fares is worth picking another sailing. Act fast if you can get the military rate for the sailing you want, though because they can remove the availability for that military rate at any time. The group rate likely won't change.

You have to balance the difference in cabin rates with the group perks that you would be giving up. Sometimes it makes a difference,sometimes not.
DITTO! Also, the military rate isn't always available for every cruise and only for a limited number of cabins! Just compare the two if both are available... I just booked a cabin on the Liberty for 2007 at the military rate even before a group rate might become available! Besides, we wanted that beautiful balcony with the Cat 9A! :D

We're still eyeing a 6/07 Destiny cruise (Carnival is only showing bookings available through 4/07 currently). My question is this...do we have to choose between military and group discounts? If so, which is better? We're just looking for a 6A OV. We're not trying to be tightwads, but we only get to cruise every couple years and have to make the most of what we have.

Thanks!

Ask your PVP with Carnival which is a better deal for you.

Archived