expected taxi fare from airport to hotel in Eixample?

mbr_33

Would a taxi be the best way for 4 of us, with luggage, to get from the airport to the hotel? If so, what would the expected fare be? Or are we better off reserving a car service with a flat rate to pick us up at the airport?

Hard to say without knowing exact address but my guess taxi should be cheaper. Expect to pay about 48€ for car service sedan and higher for van, taxi can be 30-35€ to Majestic on Passeig de Gracia as an example. Also taxi minivans are there but I think they cost slightly more than sedans. But all go on meter except 39€ flat fare to port.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Last week we had a taxi driver try to rip us off with an inflated fee (he tried to charge 47E for what should have been about 20E. This was closer than Eixample). If the driver won't be reasonable, your only recourse is to ask for a receipt and take it up with the taxi people. With 4 people and luggage, I'd go for a car service. The difference in price won't be much, you know there will be car that will fit you all, and you'll know the rate.