ferry to St. Bart's or Saba?

39august

I just read on another board that an NCL cruiser plans to take the ferry to St. Bart's tomorrow when the ship is in St. Martin. Does anyone know about that ferry schedule? It seems I remember a post about this several months ago, and the ferry schedule was way too close for a cruise passenger. If things have changed on the schedule, I would like to do this as, tho' we love St. Martin, we have been there many times and would like to try something new. How about a ferry to Saba?

We just did the ferry to St Barts last week, but booked through the Serenade. What a ride!?!?! It started out great, then everyone started getting sea sick. The way back was much better. As for St Barts...we should have done a taxi tour, but walked to shell beach instead. Shell beach was okay. Also be careful as they use the Euro there and will not take your dollar...you need to change over. I wanted stamps to mail a post card, the charge was 5 Euros plus the $1.70 for two stamps if I used the dollar....this was at the post office.

I used to live on Saba. Never took the ferry, but anyone I knew who did got sick. We were sometimes at the dock when the green people got off. Some of them were still green when they boarded for the return trip.:eek:

Saba is unbelievably beautiful. Save that side trip for an other occasion when you can fly over and enjoy it at leisure. St. Maarten/Martin has so much to see and do, spend your day taking all that in!

Archived