Need up to date snorkeling info on The main Reef

kcdancerkc

10 years ago

20 of us or less got off carnival and had privately booked a reef snorkel after a boat ride. This is all we want for snorkel because last time we had to stay on the boat because I popped my sternum trying to gingerly get on the reef:eek:

I think we had a beach break booked separate to Bannister Island which wasn’t that great, I think it was sold so we would be interested in half a beach day before or after snorkel.

Reading newer info here carnival has cornered the entire market? We do not want to go with 40 others!

What are our options for these not to book with carnival and be able to do both?

• 2 weeks later...

First. Never ever so much as touch the reef, that can be jail time if its severe. Fly either Maya air or Tropic Air out to San Pedro, rent a kayak and paddle out to the reef use a tie off for the kayak and go snorkeling. You can use Searious in San Pedro if you need a tour operator. . Given the number of non cruisers that go to Belize there is no way Carnival can corner the market.

Thanks but i fell off the boat and I didn’t mean to hit the coral with my flipper, but I am sure that I am not going to grab a puddle jumper because of cost and it terrifies me

:eek: We took one in Bahamas and had to get drugged up to just get on it :o

• 3 weeks later...