...If Carnival Does Not Sell What You DrinK?

texas greeneyes

I'm not going to justify my use of a "smiley"... however, I do NOT use it alot when replying to someone... sorry. If you are offended, use the triangle button rather than trying to tell me how horribly mean my posts are... Yet nothing you have said has been rude... okay, I got it now. Like I said, if I use an icon SO much and you find it rude or I have attacked someone with my violent rolly eyed smiley, triangle it, and that should be end of discussion. I'm sorry I have offended you.

As for the "difference" between talking about someone's drinking or anything else... I never said there was a difference!!! I simply said "I wouldn't comment on anybody's drinking habits" because it was none of my business. I am ALLOWED to have certain things I will not comment on, just as you are...

Not sure what I have done to get you so upset... but I do apologize for whatever it is, and I am sorry if you took my post the wrong way.

Happy cruising :D (now, that is a really big smile, don't take it the wrong way that I am being sarcastic or anything... because in real life, I do smile really big ;) and that wink, don't think I'm hitting on you, because some people in real life wink when they are doing that :p and seriously, I'm not trying to lick you or anything :D)

Smuggling liquor onboard is the same thing as stealing drinks in a bar on board. You are cheating the cruideline out of some of their profits. That is stealing no matter how you wish to justify the crime.

You don't do it at home, do you?

Dan

Sorry, but i have to say that imho you are so wrong. how can you say it is stealing??? stealing would suggest i took something from them that they already had. they never had this so how is it stealing?? am i missing something?? and a crime???? that is too funny!!!:rolleyes:

I'm not going to justify my use of a "smiley"... however, I do NOT use it alot when replying to someone... sorry. If you are offended, use the triangle button rather than trying to tell me how horribly mean my posts are... Yet nothing you have said has been rude... okay, I got it now. Like I said, if I use an icon SO much and you find it rude or I have attacked someone with my violent rolly eyed smiley, triangle it, and that should be end of discussion. I'm sorry I have offended you.

As for the "difference" between talking about someone's drinking or anything else... I never said there was a difference!!! I simply said "I wouldn't comment on anybody's drinking habits" because it was none of my business. I am ALLOWED to have certain things I will not comment on, just as you are...

Not sure what I have done to get you so upset... but I do apologize for whatever it is, and I am sorry if you took my post the wrong way.

Happy cruising :D (now, that is a really big smile, don't take it the wrong way that I am being sarcastic or anything... because in real life, I do smile really big ;) and that wink, don't think I'm hitting on you, because some people in real life wink when they are doing that :p and seriously, I'm not trying to lick you or anything :D)

Well said, I think I need a drink now ;) !!!

Well, I think Lucy can just kiss my AZZ !!:p

GC, I'll meet ya on the LIDO for a drink !;)

No pictures huh?:D

It's all Lucy's fault... it always is... ;) (now, that IS a flirt, LOL!!!)

And NO, NO, NO!!! NO PICTURES!!! For the LAST time!!!! :eek:

The cruiseline bar prices are in line with land bars of similar style. But the price does not determine theft, its the act. And stealing IS stealing. Wether you want to admit it or not, or whatever justification you use to excuse yourself. It is still theft and you know it.

And that is my last word AND the truth of the matter.

Dan

well good thing you decided that this is the last word on the subject....you are too funny. noone is saying whether its right or wrong to bring alcohol on the ship...some of us are just pointing out how insane it is to call it stealing. but what am i talking about...you already explained the "truth of the matter" and that was your last word.:rolleyes:

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but doesn't :p = razz? How is that condescending?

I always thought it meant you wanted to lick someone, LMAO :eek: (and I won't tell you what I thought THAT one was!!!) And this one (:o), I thought people that used it had spent too much time in the Miracle dining room. Then again, I just see them as smilies... I've seen enough people ask a simple question and use the (:rolleyes: ) after asking the question... Just figured everyone uses them in a different way...

I always thought it meant you wanted to lick someone, LMAO :eek: (and I won't tell you what I thought THAT one was!!!) And this one (:o), I thought people that used it had spent too much time in the Miracle dining room. Then again, I just see them as smilies... I've seen enough people ask a simple question and use the (:rolleyes: ) after asking the question... Just figured everyone uses them in a different way...

ROTFLMAO!!!xxrotflmao.gif

Although I think the Miracle dining room is this one. fart.gif

Now you made me go & look up my S & S statement, it was $1828.00, what was I thinking !!! Or, better yet what was I drinking :eek: !!!

Sounds like you had a great time! :D

Caribbean Dad- Yup! Those are the ones :p

When we are doing a few shots, Hot Damn 100 is always on the list. Whenever we do the shot, we put it back, then everybody yells " Hot Damn " at once.

Hot Damn! I know exactly what you mean! :D

But man, that 100 proof can be hard to find. Never could find it in Cancun when we were there in 2004, "had" to drink Goldschlager (sp?) Not the same!

I can't find it in southern California either, so I take my own when I visit my sisters out there.:rolleyes:

And it is not available anywhere in Canada :eek: , as I found out this past summer on my 25th wedding anniversary trip. After my experience in Cancun, I even emailed the Canadian government (their liquor stores are all state-run) before I went to see if they stocked it...they said they just plain don't sell it in Canada. Brought my own there too. ;)

Where there is a will, there is a way!

Lucy: Are you getting in trouble over here or just making new friends? :confused:

I say let's all have a round of whatever you want....smuggled or not. :D

Zydeco: Get over the jeans issue. Are you gonna be in Nola for Mardi Gras? If so, I'll be there...wearing my jeans of course. :eek: :D

Hot Damn! I know exactly what you mean! :D

But man, that 100 proof can be hard to find. Never could find it in Cancun when we were there in 2004, "had" to drink Goldschlager (sp?) Not the same!

I can't find it in southern California either, so I take my own when I visit my sisters out there.:rolleyes:

And it is not available anywhere in Canada :eek: , as I found out this past summer on my 25th wedding anniversary trip. After my experience in Cancun, I even emailed the Canadian government (their liquor stores are all state-run) before I went to see if they stocked it...they said they just plain don't sell it in Canada. Brought my own there too. ;)

Where there is a will, there is a way!

I love the stuff and always have a bottle in the freezer :D A good substitution is "Chernoble Meltdowns" (okay, so we had too many to drink and were on the boat near a power plant at the time, LOL!!)... Cinnamon schnapps, pepper vodka and tabasco sauce... that'll set you on fire and make you SAY hot damn! LOL!!!

I love the stuff and always have a bottle in the freezer :D A good substitution is "Chernoble Meltdowns" (okay, so we had too many to drink and were on the boat near a power plant at the time, LOL!!)... Cinnamon schnapps, pepper vodka and tabasco sauce... that'll set you on fire and make you SAY hot damn! LOL!!!

I'll have to give that a try! Thanks! :)

You have obviously been on many cruises and indicate you can just put your spirits in your suitcase. Do the cruise lines actually inspect each and every carry on, and couldn't you just transfer your spirits to other plastic containers to prevent their detection? I'm going on Carnival Liberty this spring and would like to take some of my own and am wondering how best to do it. Thanks.

IMO, the whole rule about not being allowed to bring your own beverages on board is ridiculous. Your cabin on the ship is to be considered your "hotel room," right? Well, I have NEVER been to a hotel that told me I had to consume all of my alcoholic beverages at their bar while I was physically at the hotel. I have never been questioned about bringing my own alcohol into a hotel room, and there is no mention of it in any of the hotel documents. I bring it in and set it on the dresser for all to see and nobody has a problem with it.

Just because a cruise line has you as a captive audience while you are at sea does not, in my opinion, give them the right to REQUIRE you to purchase all your alcohol or cokes from them. Therefore, I have felt absolutely no guilt in bringing my own. I do it on every cruise and I will continue to do it on every future cruise. And I don't hide it, either.

As a matter of fact, on the last cruise, we packed all of our cokes and water bottles in a cooler, duct taped it closed, and checked it in as luggage. It was delivered to the cabin with no questions asked. The cabin steward kept it filled with ice the entire five days.

So, as far as I am concerned, if you want to have a particular beverage on board, I say feel free to bring it on board with you. Don't feel like you are sneaking around. Just put it in your checked luggage and I can bet there will be no questions asked.

Texas Green Eyes, Yes, I think you have a good suggestion. It may be a bit difficult for them to administer though. They would have to have a list of the beverages that they sell to determine that your beverage is not on the list. Might be easier to have a standard surcharge per bottle for bringing any hard liquor onboard.

Maybe they could just let you make the request prior to the cruise and then they could bring it to your room and have it waiting. They could use an outside company as someone suggested or handle it internally.

My mother and I cruise together. Neither of us are drinkers, but might want a glass of wine on the balcony. One bottle would do for the whole week. Neither one of us have a sophisticated taste for wine. We will probably bring a bottle of cheap wine; otherwise we will just do without any wine.

So when a host for a formal event suggests a dress code but expressly prohibits outside alcohol, it is a sin to wear something not expressly prohibited but ok to do something expressly prohibited?

That kind of logic isn't.

While not illegal, smuggling of alcohol is a breach of contract and the cruise line could quite legally boot you off at the next available port with no recourse on your part. You will not, however, find any mention of jeans in the contract of carriage.

Archived