...If Carnival Does Not Sell What You DrinK?

texas greeneyes

Indeed. Why shouldn't I wear jeans on formal night? What impact does that have on the bottom line? It is relaxing before, during, and after dinner and the only bottom line it affects is mine. And that would be dinner, not the jeans.

Oh the humanity, oh the hypocrisy.

If anyone has a $2000 bar bill for a week, the only words that come to mind are alcoholic and/or sucker. Do the math.

OK, tone it down there.. I'm sure that bill covers multiple people and includes excursions, and things like jewelry from the stores.

I've never brought alcohol on, mainly because RCCL let us buy it the first night and pay so we could take it back to the cabin. We'd buy one bottle, and that would be what we'd sip on over the week while looking at excursions or shows we missed.

Since they changed that I'll probably carry something on, simply because they have no moral right to control my actions in the room they rented me as long as I don't harm anyone.

I think that when people make unjust or silly laws or rules you have not only a right to ignore them, but almost a duty.

Controlling my behavior which harms nobody inside the stateroom I rented is in that category.

Civil disobediance isn't just about laws, it's about getting people out of your face whenever they are trying to control you when you're not endangering others.

The funny thing is I don't really get that upset with the cruise line about the rule. Sometimes rules are made just to cover some legal point but are mostly ignored in fact. If they make a rule like this I will adjust by bringing a bottle of my own, and ignore the rule. If they search my baggage and seize it when I'm getting on, then I'll move on to another line who want's my buisiness and won't step on my toes reaching for my wallet.

It's the folks who defend silly rules that do torque me a bit. If enough people don't resist this kind of excrement, then a organization(corporation or government) will feel that it can squeeze a bit harder.

One of the reasons Carnival cruise prices are so low is that they expect to make it up nailing you on everything else including higher liquor prices. Some higher priced lines will deliver bottles of booze to your room for virtually the same cost as you pay for your smuggled booze. On some lines, liquor is included. Some lines will gouge your eyeballs out.

I don't really care how much booze you smuggle on board, nor if you dislike jeans in the dining room. I will continue to do both.

zydecocruiser,

I sincerely and respectfully request that you start your own "jeans" thread. Then those with that interest could participate. And the rest of us could continue to yank each others chains about smuggling booze on this thread. You may, of course, post your mind here re: booze smuggling.

But please take your jeans obsession somewhere else.

Don't you find the jeans socks and jeans underwear uncomfortable?

What? Jeans condoms, really???

Dan

Hey GC? Now that Carnival will allow you to pre-order for your room, do you know if that includes all alcoholic beverages or just liquor? (Like some fine Bass Ale...mmmmmmm). I'd ask Carnival but I'll get an answer faster here!

Oh...ummmm....to the others (you know who you are:eek: :rolleyes: ;) )...lighten up...

Indeed. Why shouldn't I wear jeans on formal night? What impact does that have on the bottom line? It is relaxing before, during, and after dinner and the only bottom line it affects is mine. And that would be dinner, not the jeans.

If anyone has a $2000 bar bill for a week, the only words that come to mind are alcoholic and/or sucker. Do the math.

Good comeback... :rolleyes:

Hey GC? Now that Carnival will allow you to pre-order for your room, do you know if that includes all alcoholic beverages or just liquor? (Like some fine Bass Ale...mmmmmmm). I'd ask Carnival but I'll get an answer faster here!

Oh...ummmm....to the others (you know who you are:eek: :rolleyes: ;) )...lighten up...

I'm not sure, I know you can pre-order liquor... I don't know about beer though. You can call the Bon Voyage dept though, and they can let you know!! Then let us know!!! :D

I'm not sure, I know you can pre-order liquor... You can call the Bon Voyage dept though, and they can let you know!!

GC, can you elaborate on this a little more please. I thought you could send a bootle of booze to your room on Carnival.

Clearly, I have missed a thread somewhere... :p

GC, can you elaborate on this a little more please. I thought you could send a bootle of booze to your room on Carnival.

Clearly, I have missed a thread somewhere... :p

You CAN pre-order a bottle of booze for your cabin... by calling the bon voyage dept... price is a little high, but you don't have to worry about packing it... and you can have cocktails in your room "legally", LOL!

GC... Thanks for the reply.

Have you done this yourself before...? How many bottles can you order...

is the price triple...?

VM, I just found out about it right before my last cruise, but some on our cruise did order... i believe a liter of grey goose was $55... so a little high, but not too bad. I am not sure if there is a limit... I doubt it, since the revenue is going directly to Carnival!! The Bon Voyage number is on the Carnival website, look under the gifts section... they will quote you what they have. Good luck!!

zydecocruiser,

I sincerely and respectfully request that you start your own "jeans" thread. Then those with that interest could participate. And the rest of us could continue to yank each others chains about smuggling booze on this thread. You may, of course, post your mind here re: booze smuggling.

But please take your jeans obsession somewhere else.

Don't you find the jeans socks and jeans underwear uncomfortable?

What? Jeans condoms, really???

Dan

I'd tell you what you can do with your request, but you would toss yet another hissy fit.

Many of those that dis Carnival's alcohol CONTRACT, dis those who wear jeans. Either it is Burger King or not - follow all of the rules or only those you agree with. The topics have more in common than not.

If anyone wears jeans on formal night, the only word that comes to mind is HICK :eek: !!! Why do you always have your britches in a bunch:rolleyes: ? Give it up already with the jeans, been there done that!!!

If anyone wears jeans on formal night, the only word that comes to mind is HICK :eek: !!! Why do you always have your britches in a bunch:rolleyes: ? Give it up already with the jeans, been there done that!!!

Hick?Hardly.And thanks, but no :eek:, thank you!You'll never do my jeans. :D

Hick?Hardly.And thanks, but no :eek:, thank you!You'll never do my jeans. :D

Your right I will never do your jeans for so many reasons,(never mind the fact that I saw a reflexion of you in a mirror in one of your pics),.

O.K. I know that was so wrong :eek: !!!

Your right I will never do your jeans for so many reasons,(never mind the fact that I saw a reflexion of you in a mirror in one of your pics),.

O.K. I know that was so wrong :eek: !!!

I've posted more than one picture of me - mirrors lie - and it is reflection - not sure what you were thinking.

zydecocruiser,

As expected, you answered my respectful request the same way you answer your hosts request on formal nights. With total disrespect and social boorishness.

I now demand you take your idiotic jeans obsession and go see a shrink. And stop boring the board. You want to wear jeans? Ignorance is bliss, wear them, enough.

Of course I know how well you'll react to that demand. And I have as much right to demand that you seek help as you do to constantly belabor the jeans non-issue on an unrelated thread.

For your info, which you are sure to ignore. Formal night dress is a request, not a rule. Those that understand manners and social grace understand this and honor it. The cruiseline offers a separate venue for those who wish not to dress for dinner.

Smuggling booze is a rule violation. They have the power to put you off the ship for that violation. And it does not matter if they have never enforced the rule to that extent, they have the power.

Wearing jeans could get you a tsk, or even a tsk, tsk from fellow pax. No more than that. Smuggling booze has the potential of you finding yourself standing on an empty dock watching the ship sail away. I would think most would call that a vast difference.

So start your own jeans thread and whoever wants to post on it,--good for you.

I'll make a deal with you, if you promise not to ever mention jeans again on this thread, I promise to not post again on this thread period. I can do it, can you?

Dan

I'll make a deal with you, if you promise not to ever mention jeans again on this thread, I promise to not post again on this thread period. I can do it, can you?

Dan

Well, as much as many of us would LOVE for him to take you up on that deal... we all know, it ain't going to happen :( It's similar to touret's (sp) syndrome... the word "jeans" just flies out at any given moment, regardless of the topic :p

Well, as much as many of us would LOVE for him to take you up on that deal... we all know, it ain't going to happen :( It's similar to touret's (sp) syndrome... the word "jeans" just flies out at any given moment, regardless of the topic :p

Like the girl on Deuce Bigalow???:eek: :D

Archived