Bike tour

Hello, which out of these ports (Oslo, Tallinn, Helsinki, or Copenhagen) do you think would be good and easy for a bike tour? We are a group of 6 with 2 kids ages 10 & 12, and 2 seniors ages 71 & 73. Would like a relatively flat and leisurely bike tour. A specific recommendation on a bike tour operator would also be welcomed!

Also if you have any input/thoughts on the port above that’s most likely to rain. We will be there in early July.

Thanks so much for any recommendation!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think Copenhagen would be the flattest of those cities, but I wouldn't consider riding bikes in the city to be a relaxing way to get around, especially for a kid or a senior. The Danes use cycling as a means of transportation and there are dedicated bicycle lanes, but from my experience as a pedestrian, the cycling was fairly "purpose driven" and not leisurely (i.e., you better not get in the way of a cyclist!)

Are you going to be in Warnemuende by any chance? We rented bikes there and there is a great scenic bicycle path along the Baltic. We came across very few other cyclists and because it's a bike trail, there were no problems with city traffic. (You do have to cycle a little within Warnemuende to get to the bike trail, but it was a short distance without heavy traffic.) I think cycling there would be much less stressful than in one of those cities.

I think Copenhagen would be the flattest of those cities, but I wouldn't consider riding bikes in the city to be a relaxing way to get around, especially for a kid or a senior. The Danes use cycling as a means of transportation and there are dedicated bicycle lanes, but from my experience as a pedestrian, the cycling was fairly "purpose driven" and not leisurely (i.e., you better not get in the way of a cyclist!)

Are you going to be in Warnemuende by any chance? We rented bikes there and there is a great scenic bicycle path along the Baltic. We came across very few other cyclists and because it's a bike trail, there were no problems with city traffic. (You do have to cycle a little within Warnemuende to get to the bike trail, but it was a short distance without heavy traffic.) I think cycling there would be much less stressful than in one of those cities.

Thanks for your comment and insight about bike rides in Copenhagen! Doesn’t sound very relaxing :)

We are going to stop at Warnemunde but we plan to go to Berlin. I know it would be a long ride but we don’t plan to go back there anytime soon.

Hopefully I get more comments about the other Baltic ports.

There's a fat tire bike tour in Berlin, and the city is pretty flat. That might be something for you.

We are on a group tour in Berlin so I don’t think we would be able to do a bike tour there.