B2B question

That sounds amazing!!! I was worried about 2 weeks of clothing, formal nights. ..etc. Doing laundry off the ship or using laundry service. I can't imagine packing for 42 days. What is the secret? Any tips for our first B2B? Thanks !!

Got on board yesterday! Get the same cabin for your entire stay! Bring items you can quick dry. We only send underwear or things we don't care about to the laundry since they can get ruined from others Velcro and getting snagged! Make lists where you have packed everything and finish packing at least 3 days in advance!

We do B2b every year,our next one is in four weeks.As you said you don't have to change cabins,that is a big deal,make everything easier.They will give you an in transit ticket if you want to get off in between,that ticket if you go off you don't have to stand in any line [except customs] to get back on board.There is a lunching on turn around day for B2B.If you want you can go in the pool with no one around.

We will be also doing a B2B2B in January,We find these relaxing.

Enjoy your cruise.

Got on board yesterday! Get the same cabin for your entire stay! Bring items you can quick dry. We only send underwear or things we don't care about to the laundry since they can get ruined from others Velcro and getting snagged! Make lists where you have packed everything and finish packing at least 3 days in advance!

Luckily we do have the same cabin for the entire stay. All my dresses are the quick drying kind. Guys clothing is a little tricky....not as easy as my dresses...lol Good advice on the laundry! Thank you!

We do B2b every year,our next one is in four weeks.As you said you don't have to change cabins,that is a big deal,make everything easier.They will give you an in transit ticket if you want to get off in between,that ticket if you go off you don't have to stand in any line [except customs] to get back on board.There is a lunching on turn around day for B2B.If you want you can go in the pool with no one around.

We will be also doing a B2B2B in January,We find these relaxing.

Enjoy your cruise.

We were going to get off the ship and do laundry, look around San Juan...etc... BUT....after hearing about how nice it is just to relax on the ship, enjoy the luncheon and having the ship to ourselves...even if it isn't for long,,,,we have decided to stay onboard and just enjoy!

We were going to get off the ship and do laundry, look around San Juan...etc... BUT....after hearing about how nice it is just to relax on the ship, enjoy the luncheon and having the ship to ourselves...even if it isn't for long,,,,we have decided to stay onboard and just enjoy!

Depending on number of B2B drives if there is a "special" luncheon! Just got on the third of five B2B. First two had nothing special for lunch (usual Windjammer with the new cruisers)so can not expect that "special" always. On the Indy going to Norway (8nights), then cruise to Canary Islands, plus Atlantic Ocean side of Spain & Portugal (14 nights) then last cruise is Portugal, Spain, Gibraltar into the Mediterranean to Spain, France and Italy (14 nights). Weather has been awesome in the 60s with no rain!

I will be doing my first b2b in March, going from Sydney to Singapore. Would RC set up a tour in Singapore for b2b people. Can't imagine going back to that city but would love to see the sights.

On turn around days it is up to B2B cruisers to plan your own day. Only tours available that day are for those cruisers leaving & getting dropped off for late departures that day at the airport. No Excursions are for port drop off for turn around B2B cruisers. Remember that the time is shorter since you must be back by the deadlines imposed for the new cruisers as it is also mandatory for B2B cruisers to do the muster drill.

Don't forget in San Juan you will probably have to get off the ship and go to the terminal to "0" the count. when I was there in the fall on a B2B2B this process took well over an hour.

Our longest cruise started March 19th and finished in Seattle on May 9th. As far as packing, I packed my routine 2 weeks worth and used the laundry. The daughter & I will be doing a B2B on the Freedom in march of 2020 and this will be our first time in San Juan. I am trying to decide whether to come in 2 days early and explore SJ or split the sight seeing up and do some after our first leg.

KCmom if you wish to email me, my AOl & yahoo addresses are in my signature. We were gone for 54 days, however 9 of those were spent post cruise in Sydney

Depending on number of B2B drives if there is a "special" luncheon! Just got on the third of five B2B. First two had nothing special for lunch (usual Windjammer with the new cruisers)so can not expect that "special" always. On the Indy going to Norway (8nights), then cruise to Canary Islands, plus Atlantic Ocean side of Spain & Portugal (14 nights) then last cruise is Portugal, Spain, Gibraltar into the Mediterranean to Spain, France and Italy (14 nights). Weather has been awesome in the 60s with no rain!

I was wondering how your cruise was going!! Sounds like you are having a fantastic time. Good to know that about the luncheon. Maybe we will just play it by ear. Safe travels. I am looking forward to hearing about your trip and seeing your photos! The top of my list is Italy so I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the cruise when you get back. Take care!

Don't forget in San Juan you will probably have to get off the ship and go to the terminal to "0" the count. when I was there in the fall on a B2B2B this process took well over an hour.

It looks like we will be plan to be prepared for either scenarios . Thank you for the heads up!

Our longest cruise started March 19th and finished in Seattle on May 9th. As far as packing, I packed my routine 2 weeks worth and used the laundry. The daughter & I will be doing a B2B on the Freedom in march of 2020 and this will be our first time in San Juan. I am trying to decide whether to come in 2 days early and explore SJ or split the sight seeing up and do some after our first leg.

KCmom if you wish to email me, my AOl & yahoo addresses are in my signature. We were gone for 54 days, however 9 of those were spent post cruise in Sydney

We would rather come in a few days early and explore San Juan but it didn't work out. So....we are flying in the day before and staying a few days after. I will email you. Maybe you can give me some tips on packing!!! Thank you!

Our experience has been that the b2b turnaround procedure varies by port and sometimes even varies within the same port. In Southampton and Dublin we did not have to get off the ship while in both Ft Lauderdale and Miami we did have to get off the ship in a group. Each time we have done it in Ft Lauderdale the customs agent has come to us in the part of the terminal building nearest the ship. In Miami once the customs agent came to the group near the baggage carousels and the other couple of times the group had to go to the customs stations.

During our Transpacific then Hawaii to Seattle, we received our Sea Pass Cards between 6 & 9:30 either at Guest Relations or the dining room if after 9 AM. Since we had gone through Immigration's at our Lahaina stop, once we got our new Sea pass Cards we could leave the ship but had to be back for Muster for the Hawaii leg. We had the meeting two days earlier to go over the procedure. We left the ship around 8 AM and returned around 3 PM in Honolulu. Daughter & I will do a B2B in San Juan in March of 2020 so am sure the process will be different.

Each ship handles it a little differently; you'll receive instructions, not to worry.

One thing I like to mention is that we give our cabin steward turnaround morning off. We tell him or her not to come in that morning because they are just so busy preparing the other cabins. We put the Do Not Disturb sign in the door and tell the steward we just need evening service that day. They seem genuinely grateful as it is such a busy day for them.

Enjoy your B2B! :D

Nice!(y)

We have just booked an additional cruise to follow our upcoming one, so we will now be doing a back to back, I booked the second leg online and in a different cabin, do I need to ring RCI and tell them that we are now back to back or will they know? also do I need to print off set sail passes and check in for the second leg ?

We have just booked an additional cruise to follow our upcoming one, so we will now be doing a back to back, I booked the second leg online and in a different cabin, do I need to ring RCI and tell them that we are now back to back or will they know? also do I need to print off set sail passes and check in for the second leg ?

You should be able to change your settings in the online check-in to reflect the consecutive cruises. You do this in the departure section for the first cruise and the arrival section for the second cruise. It's also a good idea to confirm this with Guest Services about mid way through the first cruise.

I'd complete online check-in for the second cruise (especially arrival section). I'd print SetSail passes only if you want to take four bottles of wine onboard instead of two. That way you can show your second boarding pass if you are questioned about the excess wine.

You should be able to change your settings in the online check-in to reflect the consecutive cruises. You do this in the departure section for the first cruise and the arrival section for the second cruise. It's also a good idea to confirm this with Guest Services about mid way through the first cruise.

I'd complete online check-in for the second cruise (especially arrival section). I'd print SetSail passes only if you want to take four bottles of wine onboard instead of two. That way you can show your second boarding pass if you are questioned about the excess wine.

Thank you!