Kids Club advice - Crown Princess

Ang 70360

Hi, we are traveling on the Crown Princess in September. We are worried about our first stop in santorini bc none of the excursions look kid friendly at all (kids are 4 and 3 yo). I’ve read about leaving them on the boat in the kids club but this makes me feel very uneasy.

I’d appreciate any advice on dealing with Santorini as a port with very young children. Also feedback on the Crown Princess kids club is appreciated!!! Thanks in advance!

Obviously, the issue with leaving the kids on the ship is the "what if" situations. There are limited ways for the ship to attempt to contact you in an emergency; these are increased if you are on a Princess sponsored excursion. If a medical emergency arises while you are off the ship, your child will be taken to the medical center and treated. If the situation is not an emergency, care will wait till you return other than comfort measures. What if something happens to you? What if you don't make it to the ship on time?

THese things are not likely but they do happen. Only you can decide whether the benefit of seeing a port is worth the small risk.

Thank Moki for your response. These are precisely the things that make me feel uneasy. I was hoping to track down more information on the quality and responsiveness of the kids club people.

Also still looking for excursions that would make seeing Santorini with small children doable.

Obviously' date=' the issue with leaving the kids on the ship is the "what if" situations. There are limited ways for the ship to attempt to contact you in an emergency; these are increased if you are on a Princess sponsored excursion. If a medical emergency arises while you are off the ship, your child will be taken to the medical center and treated. If the situation is not an emergency, care will wait till you return other than comfort measures. What if something happens to you? What if you don't make it to the ship on time?

THese things are not likely but they do happen. Only you can decide whether the benefit of seeing a port is worth the small risk.[/quote']

If you're up for exploring on your own, Santorini is actually a fun port for young kids.We went when our kids were 6 and 3, and we got on the first tender, took the cable car up, which the kids loved, and took a bus to Oia. If you don't want to deal with the bus, the town at the top of the cable car is a nice place to walk around and explore. It's compact enough that even the 3 year old walked without complaining.

Yeah, why not just take them with you and explore on your own? There is no reason to leave them behind. They'll enjoy getting out, walking around, getting ice cream, finding a souvenir, taking the bus to Oia and taking the tender to shore and the cable car. It'll almost be like Disneyland. It's all in how you present it to them. ;)

One big advantage to doing any port on your own with young kids is that if the kids get tired or otherwise need to go back to the ship, you are free to do so. That's a lot better than having 2 more hours with a tour group!

Mine started cruising at 4 and has "aged out" of the programming. However, we met the kid staff on our last cruise and our friend who was cruising with her 7 and 9 year old had great things to say. Unfortunately, that only goes as far as the kids having fun and liking the program, not giving you information on emergencies. The program on Princess is a lot smaller than on Disney and the kids do get a lot more personalized attention.