Reflections of a novice cruiser.....Seabourn Encore Athens to Barcelona

cece50

Thanks for the informative review Cece. We are sailing on the Encore in three weeks. Can you tell us more about the olive oil tasting? Also, from what port did you take this excursion?

Hi Cru Doll......you will love the Encore, she is beautiful. We so wanted to book her again next year, but her itinerary didn’t quite suit our desire to cruise Australia/NZ in December before Christmas. We had to book with Silversea Muse, which I understand is very similar to Encore.

The oil tasting was offered from Palamos Spain. If I recall correctly, it was the last stop on a half day excursion. It was a small family run business.....the olive oil is first rate. We did bring a few bottles home and are enjoying them. They even give you a nice sized sample bottle gratis. I love Spain❣️

Hi Cru Doll......you will love the Encore, she is beautiful. We so wanted to book her again next year, but her itinerary didn’t quite suit our desire to cruise Australia/NZ in December before Christmas. We had to book with Silversea Muse, which I understand is very similar to Encore.

The oil tasting was offered from Palamos Spain. If I recall correctly, it was the last stop on a half day excursion. It was a small family run business.....the olive oil is first rate. We did bring a few bottles home and are enjoying them. They even give you a nice sized sample bottle gratis. I love Spain❣️

I realized that I did not give you much information on the oil tasting stop. As I said, this is a small business, but they do not process their olives on site, so you will not see that. Instead, it’s more about their interesting hacienda, a small soap making demonstration, and a quick tasting. Very pleasant, but we have been to larger olive oil producers in Andalusia on a prior trip that was more informative. This was just a pleasant stop.....even with our little bus mishap.

Thanks so much for all the detail, Cece. We always enjoy sailing with Seabourn and this is our first on the Encore. Your impressions and experiences have certainly helped us in our planning.

Your next cruise sounds great. We’re looking forward to many more!

Cru Doll