Virtual balcony

Just stayed in one on Anthem. Obviously these may be a little different as the ships were planned and built with virtual balconies whereas Explorers were added later. But I don't think it would be that different.

We had a large screen on the wall opposite the desk/TV. It did have nice thick curtains and also one armchair in front of it. To be honest, didn't use it that much and just kept it covered (I like to sleep with zero light). I would check in the morning for weather/view, but honestly it was hard to tell. Most of the time it looked grey but we'd go outside and it was blue sky sunshine. Also, they provide a remote but ours didn't work and I didn't bother to pursue it further. Apparently it can go on and off; not sure if you can get different views or not.

Sailing on Explorer of the Sea in 2 weeks. First time with RC. Anyone stayed in a virtual balcony room?Looks pretty neat but if anyone has stayed in one, I would like to hear about it.

Thanks!!

My daughter had one on the Liberty and liked it a lot. It was nice to be able to see what the day looked like when she woke up every morning. :D

I had one on Navigator last December. The screen gave off light so the room wasn't ask dark as an interior. You could at least see "outside" so you could tell if the ship was pulling into port and what the weather was like. I would get this type of cabin again.

Sailed on Anthem last January in an inside cabin with the virtual balcony and we liked it fine..sooo much better than the one time we had a traditional inside cabin. The virtual screen offers really nice views of what is happening outside. We left ours on the entire 12 day cruise! Actually have another booked on Anthem next year.

Sent from my LG-M255 using Forums mobile app