Private tour with Victor Bodden

SunshineCoast

we have a private tour booked (as in car and driver and we say where we want to go) so would be grateful for some suggestions as to what else to do in addition to Monkey Business, Snorkelling and Beach time. We don't want to zip-line, but is it possible to take a short walk in the Rainforest? If so how long would it take to drive there and what part of the island is it. Also - how easy a drive is it to Oak Ridge or is there a more interesting fishing village to drive to. Not interested in shopping - just scenery, etc.

Any suggestions, including timings would be appreciated.

Many thanks

We can give you some thoughts but as far as timing I think probably Bodden and his merry men have a better view. Oak Ridge is close to the far east end of the island. I would give it a good 1.5 hours from West Bay, but again ask Bodden about all the things you want to do, those guys live there and cart tourist about 365 a year. Additionally, what you can fit in will depend on where you snorkel and beach and how much time you want to spend doing those things. Ahh, also where you are docking will be a factor.

I have been to Panama and the mainland of Honduras where there is proper rainforest. I do not find Roatan has such a thing,.. what it does have is Carambola Gardens with a lovely stroll through all manner of flora to a hill with a view. Blue Harbor is also a possibility.

By the by ~ The sea life and snorkeling around Roatan is said to be some of the very best the Carribean has to offer. My personal opinion is to spend more time snorkeling and less time doing anything else. :0)

Many thanks Guest 2000. Very helpful - especially the info about Oak Ridge. Have now crossed this off the list as too far away.

Have now sorted what we are doing so just need some info on Mayan Eden from people who have been there, so will post a separate enquiry.

Again - thanks fir your help.

We can give you some thoughts but as far as timing I think probably Bodden and his merry men have a better view. Oak Ridge is close to the far east end of the island. I would give it a good 1.5 hours from West Bay, but again ask Bodden about all the things you want to do, those guys live there and cart tourist about 365 a year. Additionally, what you can fit in will depend on where you snorkel and beach and how much time you want to spend doing those things. Ahh, also where you are docking will be a factor.

I have been to Panama and the mainland of Honduras where there is proper rainforest. I do not find Roatan has such a thing,.. what it does have is Carambola Gardens with a lovely stroll through all manner of flora to a hill with a view. Blue Harbor is also a possibility.

By the by ~ The sea life and snorkeling around Roatan is said to be some of the very best the Carribean has to offer. My personal opinion is to spend more time snorkeling and less time doing anything else. :0)

Has Blue Harbor re-opened? It has said closed for maintenance for the longest time - don’t know if it has closed permanently, or just doesn’t update website.

We have booked three times with Victor Bodden. We have never been disappointed. We met Kenny our tour guide on our first trip and have requested him on our subsequent trips. The last two trips we booked the all day private tour, told Kenny what we wanted to do and off we went. Easy to book, excellent service! We recommend Bodden Tours and Kenny!