Internet on MSC Meraviglia

PCWalton1

Hello,

My wife and I have booked a Caribbean cruise on Meraviglia in January 2020 (I know, long time out). I usually post a live report during our cruise with lots of pictures. I see they offer two types of internet packages, premium and standard. From your experiences should I get the premium (it's only $24 more) or just the standard?

Also curious if there is any kind of WiFi benefits for Black card level which we will be at due to MSC's status matching.

Thanks

You can pre-book the standard package (we got 3500 MB with the pre-booked standard package). You should be able to upgrade to a higher package during your cruise (upgrade was offered for €32.01 during our Northern Europe cruise)

There are no benefits for black card members

I see they offer two types of internet packages, premium and standard. From your experiences should I get the premium (it's only $24 more) or just the standard?

Just back from a Caribbean cruise with MSC. Very different to all my cruises before because many times zero wifi in the ports (or even countries!). With other destinations the standard package is enough, but here I would opt for premium after this experience.

We had the standard package on our last Caribbean sailing and had no issues with the WiFi, we were just accessing the internet and sending emails. I'd probably suggest the premium if you're looking to be uploading lots of pictures etc.

If you use your data allowance then you can purchase more on board, although obviously the rate is higher and subject to 15% gratuity.

If you use your data allowance then you can purchase more on board, although obviously the rate is higher and subject to 15% gratuity.

I don‘t think there is 15% gratuity for internet service - but instead you will get more internet volume for the same price if you book in advance

They also offer an upsell from Standard to premium:

bd2a6bebb929741e1d2f22174c2d6332.png

(The saving amount is wrong, as it is only an upsell from standard to premium)