Can anyone recommend a hotel in Amsterdam

Doing transatlantic on N Statendam in April .never been in Amsterdam was wondering if anyone has advice on a nice hotel close to sites thanks for any information

We stayed at Hotel Ibis Amsterdam Centre. Clean, quiet, convenient, budget friendly hotel right next to the train station which makes it convenient for getting to the airport as well as central to all area attractions. We took the train not only to the airport on departure but also for a day trip to Utrecht to visit De Haar Castle. It was worth the trip to visit the castle, so if you have time...put it on your itinerary!

Thanks everyone for the info on. Booking the Anne Frank house. i have marked on my calendar 60 days out.

Did anyone go to the resistance museum ?

yes, I did on my last visit. Very interesting. I liked the children's section but be forewarned, there's no English there so it could be hard to follow. I then walked around the corner to the Holocaust Memorial and decompressed in their courtyard.

I stayed at the Sint Nicolaas Hotel. Not a bad location. City center and near a tram line had been my requirements. The other hotel I stayed at is no longer open but it was out by Vondelpark. Nice and quiet out that way.

there is only ONE hotel for me in Amsterdam...the de l'Europe...I probably have amassed over 1,000 nights there since I first stayed there in April 1982..e) Just off the Muntplein (Mint Square) it has the most central location in town and wonderful food and service.

A lot of good recommendations here but my favorite is the Park Plaza. Whatever you choose, hotels close to Central Station offer the best location for proximity to restaurants, transport and airport transfer.

Another vote for the Doubletree by Hilton Central Station - great location and easy walking distance to everything, including the cruise port and the train station. We just returned from a cruise in the Baltics and British Isles, and stayed at the Doubletree for three days pre-cruise, walked everywhere during the day, and enjoyed the spectacular views from the rooftop bar at night. Wouldn't hesitate to stay there again for our next cruise that departs from Amsterdam. :)

I am aware that this thread is about hotels- however many have mentioned the AF museum which is SO worth it. With that said, be aware that it has many steps and stairs. We were able to get through it but my husband, who has had hip replacement surgery, really had a tough time. Still worth it, but a physical challenge for some of us.

As for a hotel- we were on an Azamara cruise which overnighted in Amsterdam so that was our hotel! And we loved it. As others have said, get your tickets to AF museum in advance. Such a worthwhile experience, just be prepared for the stairs, steps. Their website does state this, we just didn't realize how steep some of the stairs would be. Next to the D-day beaches which we did a few years before, this was our best overseas experience.

Have a great cruise!

We stayed at The Kimpton de Witt. Fabulous service, rooms were nice, beds comfy. Centrally located and tram runs right in front of hotel - the stop is right down the street. We utilized the concierge to purchase tram tickets; very helpful. Nice bar on sight with great bartenders; be sure to sample their punch, it’s complimentary. The complimentary wine hour each day is also fun. Great stay and I earned IHG points.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

A group of us stayed at the JL no 76 in Amsterdam. Great location' date=' wonderful staff. Accommodations were excellent. Close to all museums and shopping.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app

So glad to hear you were happy with hotel. We booked there too for the end of August, based, I think, on Gigianes recommendation!

Doing transatlantic on N Statendam in April .never been in Amsterdam was wondering if anyone has advice on a nice hotel close to sites thanks for any information
The Doubletree by Hilton Central Station is very nice and convenient. My friend and I stayed there in April and walked everywhere from there - our first day we walked 21,000 steps!

There is a nice Chinese restaurant nearby and the library a block away has a nice restaurant on it's top floor. The breakfast at the Doubletree is a fabulous buffet.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Forums mobile app

We enjoyed our first stay in Amsterdam at The Toren. Very nice and near the Anne Frank House.

Our second visit to Amsterdam was 4 nights in an apartment rented from VRBO. I recommend this option when staying more than 2 nights in a city.