Harmony of the Seas Specialty restaurants questions

Hi! My family and I are going on the Harmony of the Seas thanksgiving week this year for my mom's 70th birthday. We're trying to make dinner reservations and running into some issues:

• They're telling us that Chops can't accommodate parties of 8. Has anyone ever eaten there with a party that size?
  • The only times available at ANY of the restaurants are 5:30 or 9pm. It seems crazy that all the other times are already booked - do more times open up as we get closer?
  • I read that kids are only $10 at specialty restaurants but my mom made a few reservations and they charged her adult prices. Can someone confirm that it should only be $10?
  • Which is a better adults only meal - Wonderland or 150 Central Park

Thanks in advance for the help - any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Hi! My family and I are going on the Harmony of the Seas thanksgiving week this year for my mom's 70th birthday. We're trying to make dinner reservations and running into some issues:

•  
  • They're telling us that Chops can't accommodate parties of 8. Has anyone ever eaten there with a party that size?

• The only times available at ANY of the restaurants are 5:30 or 9pm. It seems crazy that all the other times are already booked - do more times open up as we get closer?

• I read that kids are only $10 at specialty restaurants but my mom made a few reservations and they charged her adult prices. Can someone confirm that it should only be $10?

• Which is a better adults only meal - Wonderland or 150 Central Park

Thanks in advance for the help - any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Hi, we were on Harmony’s maiden Caribbean voyage in Nov. of ‘16. We were a party of 8 and ate at Chops and it was excellent. We were charged $10 for the kids at all specialty restaurants.

I would go to the dining reservation booth by the bursers area and make reservations as soon as you get on or alternatively, go right up to Central Park and go to the restaurants directly for reservations.

For a family meal with kids I would definitely recommend the Hibachi table at the Asian restaurant. It was very entertaining and the kids had a ball. The chefs were great!

We didn’t eat at 150 or Wonderland.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We were on Oasis with a party of seven and they put us in a corner booth that seats 8 in chops. We have a symphony cruise in Oct. and they have removed the ultimate dining package as well as the 5 and 7 night package. Thanksgiving week is such a draw for specialty dining that they may remove all packages to boost sales.

Kids charge the regular price when booking but you are refunded and charged kids price when you actually dine.

Check with any specialty restaurant when you board to confirm large parties and available times.

They can seat 8 but maybe only 1 or 2 tables. I think you would see more times open up if you tried 2 resi's for 4. It's cramped to the max with tables.

They do different things at thanksgiving and Christmas/ny's with pricing etc.

I gave up trying to get a table for 6 at 150 on my upcoming Harmony cruise in August - no matter what I did, no table of 6, but I did manage to book a table for 4, and plan to go to I50 as soon as I board to get my table of 6... and Yes, I do know that they do tables of 6, since I was at one last May on Harmony!

I also noticed that when dining first opened,the times available were just 5:30 and 9, but I waited a few days, and got the time and date I wanted (for my table of 4 at 150).

As for your Adult only meal question?? It would depend if you have any picky-eaters, if no, then Wonderland, it truly is an experience, but 150 CP is just divine, and why I chose to have my last meal on board there!

Good luck and Happy Sailing!