YC - Seaside - a couple of questions

jules815

We'll be sailing for the first time with MSC in January.

I see there's a coffee maker (Nespresso?) in the room. Do they provide an electric tea kettle? Not a big deal if they don't. Suites on RC always did, and Celebrity didn't. My husband's a coffee drinker, and I drink tea. I know I can order through room service, but it's so much easier to make my own cuppa and not have to wait. Do they serve premium tea in the YC lounge?

Is laundry included? Again, not a big deal, just curious.

The showers look nice. Do they have a seat? Looked like it from pictures I've found online, but hard to tell for sure.

Can I bring an iron? (JUST KIDDING!!! ;p)

Since you referenced YC, I can answer for that. You do have a coffee maker in the room, and you can ask for a kettle (Butler will bring it to you. We got one right away.). They offer a formal tea in the late afternoon, although it seems some people are reporting that service is not consistent (some say daily, others say only on port days, others say it never happened. We were on in March and they offered it daily. They also keep a variety of teas in the Top Sail Lounge. For YC, laundry is not included, nor is free internet. You can prepay for various laundry and internet plans. Hope that helps!

I’m don’t know if you can get a kettle for the room. I doubt it but no harm in asking the butler. We found tea to be a little challenging. On boarding we asked our butler to bring English Breakfast tea at 07:00 every morning. He told us that the only English Breakfast that was available was decaf. So, we asked him to bring hot water and we used our own tea bags that we always travel with. We later that the buffets had regular English Breakfast teabags but preferred our own.

In the lounge we found that the best option for us was the Darjeeling but there were other varieties available.

Laundry is not included.

Showers do have a low seat.

Enjoy your cruise, YC is great.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

And therein lies the issue. While overall, the YC experience is fantastic, there is always some inconsistency. It may depend on the particular butler, the concierge mood, the position of the moon. Regardless, sometimes they say no, and other times, it's yes. We had a tea kettle delivered the first day, and had regular English Breakfast tea bags delivered to our room. Roddy got the opposite. It's not a deal breaker, but MSC does like to consistently be as constant as a flag blowing in heavy wind.

And therein lies the issue. While overall, the YC experience is fantastic, there is always some inconsistency. It may depend on the particular butler, the concierge mood, the position of the moon. Regardless, sometimes they say no, and other times, it's yes. We had a tea kettle delivered the first day, and had regular English Breakfast tea bags delivered to our room. Roddy got the opposite. It's not a deal breaker, but MSC does like to consistently be as constant as a flag blowing in heavy wind.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I always pack my own tea bags if I’m lucky enough to have a kettle in the room. Celebrity had really nice English breakfast tea available in suite venues, but no kettle or coffee maker available in our rooms. We’re really not picky or hard to please, but having a kettle available is a plus for sure.

Another question. I noticed in some YC pictures, is it the Top Sail lounge(?), where it looks like there’s an outdoor seating area. Is that a YC area, or is it a wrap around walkway/seating area for entire ship? I’ve only been on one ship that had outdoor seating for their concierge lounge, I think it was Brilliance of the Seas. The lounge looks larger than any others that we’ve been in, including on Harmony of the Seas. Does it ever feel crowded or any trouble getting a seat for pre dinner cocktails. We eat later, around 8pm.

Thanks,

Julie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi....can't help with your tea question sorry but I see above you did get a few responses. I hope you have the same experience as JAGR did when he asked for a kettle:)

I noticed in another post you asked about the shower............you will love it.......yes, it has a seat. I kept my shampoo, etc., on the seat as well - easy to shave legs also.........loved the rain shower!!!!!!!

I think someone might have answered this, but I'm not sure. The Top Sail Lounge is big and gorgeous. Never ever felt crowded in there. I often wondered why we didn't see more YC guests in there. The Top Sail Lounge is where we met my sister and her husband every night for pre dinner drinks and snacks. Piano player and violinist play dinner music in there. It may change from cruise to cruise. It also has seating outside which is only for YC guests - beautiful out there as well. LOVED the Top Sail Lounge!!!

Thanks everyone for the replies. I always pack my own tea bags if I’m lucky enough to have a kettle in the room. Celebrity had really nice English breakfast tea available in suite venues, but no kettle or coffee maker available in our rooms. We’re really not picky or hard to please, but having a kettle available is a plus for sure.

Another question. I noticed in some YC pictures, is it the Top Sail lounge(?), where it looks like there’s an outdoor seating area. Is that a YC area, or is it a wrap around walkway/seating area for entire ship? I’ve only been on one ship that had outdoor seating for their concierge lounge, I think it was Brilliance of the Seas. The lounge looks larger than any others that we’ve been in, including on Harmony of the Seas. Does it ever feel crowded or any trouble getting a seat for pre dinner cocktails. We eat later, around 8pm.

Thanks,

Julie

Hi....can't help with your tea question sorry but I see above you did get a few responses. I hope you have the same experience as JAGR did when he asked for a kettle:)

I noticed in another post you asked about the shower............you will love it.......yes, it has a seat. I kept my shampoo, etc., on the seat as well - easy to shave legs also.........loved the rain shower!!!!!!!

I think someone might have answered this, but I'm not sure. The Top Sail Lounge is big and gorgeous. Never ever felt crowded in there. I often wondered why we didn't see more YC guests in there. The Top Sail Lounge is where we met my sister and her husband every night for pre dinner drinks and snacks. Piano player and violinist play dinner music in there. It may change from cruise to cruise. It also has seating outside which is only for YC guests - beautiful out there as well. LOVED the Top Sail Lounge!!!

I didn’t know it has a rain shower! Hand held too?

I’m getting so excited!

Yes, hand held and rain shower, interchangeable with the push of a button. Marble laid and glass surrounds the shower. Hot water is NOT a problem, very quickly heats up.. As always no ironing allowed in the room, but your butler can take it for you for pressing, just give them a little time. For example, if you have formal night on your days at sea, ask the day before.

It's not a YC question and it can certainly wait until you get home, but if you could post the entire Seaside spa and salon price list, great. If not, I’m specifically interested in the price of a manicure, the price of a shampoo and set/style for short hair and the price of a 50-minute "basic" (cheapest) massage. Thanks so much!

Janet

We'll be sailing for the first time with MSC in January.

I see there's a coffee maker (Nespresso?) in the room. Do they provide an electric tea kettle? Not a big deal if they don't. Suites on RC always did, and Celebrity didn't. My husband's a coffee drinker, and I drink tea. I know I can order through room service, but it's so much easier to make my own cuppa and not have to wait. Do they serve premium tea in the YC lounge?

Is laundry included? Again, not a big deal, just curious.

The showers look nice. Do they have a seat? Looked like it from pictures I've found online, but hard to tell for sure.

Can I bring an iron? (JUST KIDDING!!! ;p)

Just ask for the kettle, no laundry included and yes there is a seat in the shower.