More Questions about the Rhapsody

Baxter

As our sailing date gets closer, we're coming up with more questions. We have only sailed Princess, and have decided to try something new. We have an inside cabin on the Rhapsody.

- Is it true that there are no self-serve laundry facilities on the ship?

- Is there a fridge in the room? If not, is there an ice bucket that gets filled regularily?

- Are there alternate dining rooms (that have a surcharge)? I've read about Chops and Portofino...is there anything like that on the Rhapsody?

- Is there an adult-only pool or area?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

No self-service laundry on any RCCL ship

Refridgerator in all balcony cabins, not window or inside. Ice buckets filled constantly.

No alternative (surcharge) dining

Solarium pool/hot tubs are "supposed" to be adults only. From what I see, enforcement varies from week to week. Solarium cafe is back there (burgers/fries/pizza/nachos), so teens/kids go through to hang out there.

In spite of the above sounding "negative", you will have a blast! Fabulous ship & crew!

Ditto on the Rhapsody and it being a great ship and crew.

All your other questions were answered, but if you do explore, try Kamikaze Kareoke with Derek in the Schooner Bar at night. If he's there, he is a hoot and you should have fun.

It is a great trip - when are you going??

We leave Feb 5. It's tough switching to a new line when you're used to the same ol' same ol'. The absense of laundry facilities threw us a bit because we typically just pack for 3 or 4 days and do a load. No big deal, we just want to know what to expect. I've heard many rave about the ship, and I'm convinced you have to try REALLY hard to have a negative experience -- I mean, I'm not cooking and not cleaning for a week...how bad can it be? ;)

Thanks!

It'll be great. Throw in a couple more tops and you'll have even a better cruise 'cause you won't have to do laundry!

By the way, we didn't notice a problem with kids in the solarium either. It was fall break for several Texas school districts, and there were a lot of children on board. I think we had a crew of very well behaved parents.

Howdy Baxter!

Just wanted to be the first to Welcome_Signs_3d_text_6_prv.gif y'all to Texas! I've had some very good times up there in your part of the world and I wanted to return the favor.

I also wanted to advise you that you are fixin' to (Texan = going to) hear a lot of Texas drawls and sayin's you prob'ly never heard before. There will be a mess (Texan = unit of measure) of us Texans on there with you. Rhapsody usually has a very large assembly of Texan pax. But don't worry, we don't bite. Now... we may nibble a little bit 05.gif... but we really are a very friendly bunch. And of course, as in any congregation of folks, there may be some of us that get a little rowdy while on vacation. We do love to party!

You will enjoy the Rhapsody and her friendly crew too!

042202_1319_92_prv.gif Happy trails to you... 042202_1319_92_prv.gif

Kat 50.gif

Just back from Rhapsody's Holiday cruise. We had an inside room. Deck 2. QUIET!!! never heard anything- and that is including Captain Teo blasting the horn at Midnight on New Year's eve!:) Quiet ride! The ship was smooth. We've sailed 6 times on different lines, this was the smoothest ship. Was it the weather? Captain Teo? Or just a great ship? Probalby both.

You will like the solarium since we were on a 10 day there were many children- including many in diapers. BUT these little kids were not in the solarium. 16 and ups can come in- but few did and younger onces never stayed. The roof was open every day in the solarium. So it was perfect to hang out there.

No problem with deck chair hogs!:D We always found a place to go on lounge. The pool in hte solarium is a great workout.

Great food in the diningroom. Windjammer food was fair. Breakfast is better in the diningroom. Lunch was fine and the solarium Cafe had a nice selection of pizza- never ate the burgers or dogs.

GREAT staff. Friendly.

Hope some of this helped. Gabrielle:rolleyes:

I did notice that in the Solarium when we were there in Sept. they had reduced the age limit at the pool there.. Used to be 18, now it is 16. There were children under that age in that area and stayed there in the pool for hours. No one ever told them to leave... Was loud in there this last time.

Archived