Cheapest Way from Valletta to Blue Lagoon, or Other Beaches

Hello,

We are trying to plan a day to Comino/Blue Lagoon so we can come and go as we please, giving us enough time to spend time at the beach but also come back to Valletta and enjoy the area. We would like to do this without a tour if possible, but we understand if that is impossible. How have you all gotten from the ship in Valletta to the Blue Lagoon, and about how much did you pay for the transportation? Are there chairs available for rent on the beach?

If the Blue Lagoon is too touristy to enjoy or impossible to really enjoy without staying the during of our port times, what other beaches would you recommend in Malta? Again, how much would the transportation and chairs run up to be? There will be two of us.

Thank you to advance to anyone that can help, any and all help will be appreciated! :)

Hello,

We are trying to plan a day to Comino/Blue Lagoon so we can come and go as we please, giving us enough time to spend time at the beach but also come back to Valletta and enjoy the area. We would like to do this without a tour if possible, but we understand if that is impossible. How have you all gotten from the ship in Valletta to the Blue Lagoon, and about how much did you pay for the transportation? Are there chairs available for rent on the beach?

If the Blue Lagoon is too touristy to enjoy or impossible to really enjoy without staying the during of our port times, what other beaches would you recommend in Malta? Again, how much would the transportation and chairs run up to be? There will be two of us.

Thank you to advance to anyone that can help, any and all help will be appreciated! :)

I hope you get get some other reply’s.

We love the Blue Lagoon we used Hop on Hop off bus for transportation you would be able to stay for a while depending on your schedule then return to Valletta. This depends on how much time you have in port.;p We used Malta Sightseeing available as you disembark ship. Very reasonably priced, better than City Sightseeing. Check their website for pricing and different routes.

I don’t remember see chairs for rent but we weren’t looking for them.

I hope you get get some other reply’s.

We love the Blue Lagoon we used Hop on Hop off bus for transportation you would be able to stay for a while depending on your schedule then return to Valletta. This depends on how much time you have in port.;p We used Malta Sightseeing available as you disembark ship. Very reasonably priced, better than City Sightseeing. Check their website for pricing and different routes.

I don’t remember see chairs for rent but we weren’t looking for them.

Okay, I will look into that, thank you so much for your help! We were planning on falling back on a HOHO bus if we couldn't find anything to do, but it sounds like that may just be what's best for us if we can't find anything else. Thank you!

I was in Malta a month ago, and did a cruise from Buggibba to Gozo with a 2hr stop in Comino, there are also cruises from Sliema.

I think realnice 46 is getting the Blue Lagoon confused with the Blue Grotto which is in the south of the island, and is indeed served by the HOHO buses southern route,there is no HOHO buses serving the departure point to Comino in the north of Malta

If you look at http://www.CominoFerries.com this will give you details of the sailings and how to get to the port using MPT buses the journey from Valetta is over an hour in duration.

when I was in Comino there was about 6 cruises boats in the Lagoon roughly 300/400 people,onshore, the island is very barren and rocky ,about 6 shacks/vans selling snacks ,etc,and a couple of portaloos, there was also I noticed an area with about 40/50 deckchairs. but little cover

I was in Malta a month ago, and did a cruise from Buggibba to Gozo with a 2hr stop in Comino, there are also cruises from Sliema.

I think realnice 46 is getting the Blue Lagoon confused with the Blue Grotto which is in the south of the island, and is indeed served by the HOHO buses southern route,there is no HOHO buses serving the departure point to Comino in the north of Malta

If you look at www.CominoFerries.com this will give you details of the sailings and how to get to the port using MPT buses the journey from Valetta is over an hour in duration.

when I was in Comino there was about 6 cruises boats in the Lagoon roughly 300/400 people,onshore, the island is very barren and rocky ,about 6 shacks/vans selling snacks ,etc,and a couple of portaloos, there was also I noticed an area with about 40/50 deckchairs. but little cover

Thank you fir correction. We are visiting very soon with an overnight in Malta and your information will be helpful to us too.