Cirque Masquerade Party Question

JUST ADD WATER

Stur - Cirque Du Soleil is entertainers. The Masquerade ball use to include some of their members, however now it's just called a white ball.

It's not on all of the cruise ships, it started out as a pilot on just a few. I'm not sure it's on Mercury, I know it was on Constellation.

You wear white because of the lighting that they use, it's in the bar at the very front of the ship and it's a night club (loud) setting. We had fun, with our white and masks.

usually it's not on formal night. It usually starts after 11pm.

My understanding is that the Masquerade Party was at one time an interactive event with some of the cirque performers.

However, it has evolved into what is essentially a theme party. We went a few weeks ago on the Summit. Most folks wore white. A lot had masks of various types (my favorite was the gal with the mask and snorkel!), but those without such as Phyllis and I were face painted (just a few squigglies) outside the door just so we could fit in.

Turns out it was a very loud disco kind of party (so loud, in fact, that many people left, but that was a result of a DJ who was new and apparently thought he was on a Carnival out of Miami cruise).

Overall, it was sort of a nice idea and it was fun to see everyone, but not really anything special. I wouldn't spend any more than a few bucks for an outfit.

Have fun,

OOOEEE:D :D Bob and Phyl

This May Sound Stupid What Is Cirque Du Soleio What Is Clrque Masquerade Party

The Last 6 Or 7 Cruises I Have Bean On Did Not Have A Masquerade Party

We Are Booked On The Mercury In January 2007 To The Mexico

Will there Be A Party To Look Foward To (or Just Ware Mask?)

Stur Dayton,ohio

Stur, the Cirque event is only on the M-Class ships...no mask

needed for your Mercury cruise.

And it was on Connie and Summit and not even sure Millie and Infinity

are even having it.

Stur, the Cirque event is only on the M-Class ships...no mask

needed for your Mercury cruise.

And it was on Connie and Summit and not even sure Millie and Infinity

are even having it.

THANKS EVERY ONE FOR YOUR INPUT AND REPLY'S

STUR2 DAYTON,OHIO

Hi, we were on the Summit cruise to Hawaii on Jan 29th. The CDS performance was on an informal evening near the end of the cruise. The ship staff did indeed offer face painting outside the Edge of the Earth which was fine & well received. Many people chose to have that done instead of the masks. Also, a mask making class was offered on one of the sea days for those that preferred to make their own mask. Some even used dinner napkins and small towels for masks. Many people wore white or light coloured clothing to the masquerade party. There were people at the party who were not masked and who did not wear white but they were made welcome and hopefully enjoyed themselves. There were coloured lights that were shone on people, curtains, furniture ... anything available. These displayed flowers, stars, etc. The CDS performers were not there in an official capacity but they were there dancing and partying with the guests. We purchased the masks at the CDS shop more as a memento of the cruise but we had them on for a goodly portion of the party. Most people that attended wore their mask for at least 1/2 of the party, if not longer. Here are the masks that we purchased at the shop. They were on sale for $9.95 each.

mask1.jpg.3715ff84795d095fb26f4b2085190b57.jpg

mask2.jpg.052aac132effb6d9f922444b6b079247.jpg

We had a Masquerade Ball/Party on the Monday night of our 8 night cruise (starting on a Saturday) in the Bar at the Edge of the Earth. This was not a formal night. They requested that your mask was your entry and the mask making "class" they held that day was very busy (I understand). Someone told me there was about 200 people trying to obtain supplies to make a mask. This was a transatlantic, so of course a sea day, and lots of people were looking for something different to do I suppose, but there were lots of masks in evidence. We took ours with us just in case. They request that you wear white (or a light colour) so the lighting will reflect from your clothing.

It was not the same night as the "Tast of Cirque..." show, which was held later in the week in the theatre, and I cannot praise this show enough. It was spectacular and by far the best show I have ever seen on any cruise ship.

If you do nothing else on the Connie, don't miss this show. I was on the Summit in September for the last of the previous Cirque "experience" in the Bar at the Edge of the Earth when the characters interacted with the pax (not something I, personally, liked) and this new show is nothing like that.

Thanks AliW-will definitely try to see their show. Our Alaskan cruise begins on a Saturday also but is an 7 night one. That Monday we are in port til 10pm so I'm hoping it won't be then.

Anyone? Thanks, Meg

Archived