Payments On A Cruise?

GranysT

I have read where people mention making monthly payments on a cruise. How does one do this? Do you have to book through Carnival, and set it up with them? Or can you set up payments with anyone? This seems like a pretty easy way to pay for a cruise up front.

I booked through a PVP and paid the deposit, and then when I got on Carnival's website I hit 'make a payment' and it gives you three choices- Pay the balance, set up easy pay, or pay a set amount. It will tell you what the payments are and how many.

Yes, I use easy pay now for my cruises. We book when deposits are low and if you book far enough in advance, you get a nice selection of rooms. Also, you have smaller payments when paid over a longer period of time. I am so glad I did easy pay for my October and November cruises, they will be paid off without any effort on my part. I am really bad about waiting until the last minute when it is due and paying it off. Now the downfall is that I have 3 cruises booked back to back so to see each of those payments hitting monthly is hard, but I just look at it as another bill, my “therapy “ bill.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Once you've logged into "Manage My Booking" on Carnival's home page, click on "cruise details", then click on "my billing". At the bottom of that page, you'll see a blue tab that says "Make a payment". We buy Carnival gift cards at Kroger for the fuel points and use the cards to make payments on our cruise. There is also the option to make payments using a credit card.

On my upcoming cruise, I paid various amount each month. Like others stated under the manage option when clicking for payment, I always click pay other amount. One time I just paid $50, but on average at least $200. It will show your final pay date.

I rather do this like this because I really don't like companies to have access to my account. I have just $50 left to pay but due date not until mid September

We book thru Carnival , usually do 250-500 down ,Pay what ever ,when ever we want as long as you are paid in full by the deadline date

Yep, we do the same. We don't use the new CCL 'Easy Pay' option though, which automatically will debit your account monthly and assures you are paid in full by the final payment date. We just go online under "Manage Your Cruise" and select "Make a payment" and pay whatever amount we want on a monthly basis. You can pay what you want amount wise, and when you want.....makes it really easy. You will get an updated Confirmation showing the balance owed on your booking each time you do this. We book very far out and we just divide the months we have until final payment to determine a monthly amount to pay....and then just go online to pay it - using either credit card or AARP gift cards (which save 10%).

I don’t have the option of Making a payment on website. Maybe because I booked through a travel agent

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, that is because you booked with a travel agent. You pay the travel agent directly and Carnival will not accept payment directly from you. Nor will Carnival answer questions for you. They will refer you back to your travel agent.

If you book directly with Carnival, either with your PVP, online, or the 800 Carnival number, you can then make whatever payments you want any time you want. As long as it is paid off by the final payment due date, you're completely in control. There's no need for a payment plan to do that.

We use the same online TA every time we book and we just make weekly payments through their website. It's so convenient and a super easy way to pay off the cruise. We don't miss the $25-$35 a week I throw at it and since we book so far out, it works for us. We booked our 2020 cruise in April, a full 2 years in advance. So paying $25-$50/week will get us paid off easily before final payment date.

I can't wait until my husband and I are retired and can cruise whenever we want! We are going without the kids for the first time in 2020, so that will be new. LOL It makes our trip cheaper too!

We use the same online TA every time we book and we just make weekly payments through their website. It's so convenient and a super easy way to pay off the cruise. We don't miss the $25-$35 a week I throw at it and since we book so far out, it works for us. We booked our 2020 cruise in April, a full 2 years in advance. So paying $25-$50/week will get us paid off easily before final payment date.

I can't wait until my husband and I are retired and can cruise whenever we want! We are going without the kids for the first time in 2020, so that will be new. LOL It makes our trip cheaper too!

I get paid monthly. so I buy a $100 gift card 10% off each pay day and apply it. I too book far enough in advance that the cruise, airfare, excursions, tips and Cheers are all pre-paid before I board.

Rather than making payments on a cruise, why not put the money into a savings account so that you earn some interest? It's a much better option than depositing your money into Carnival's account and letting them earn interest off your money (since it is your money until the final payment date).

Rather than making payments on a cruise, why not put the money into a savings account so that you earn some interest? It's a much better option than depositing your money into Carnival's account and letting them earn interest off your money (since it is your money until the final payment date).

Because some folks just prefer to get it paid off as fast as possible. Some folks are not good with savings either especially if you are on a tight budget.

Nothing would be worse than to have an emergency come up right before final payment that required you to take all of that money in savings and then have to scramble to make final.

It's not like you're going to make much by putting it into a savings account for a year.

It's also too easy to get your hands on that savings account money.

I do agree that Carnival makes money off those payments , however they have a much much bigger account than the majority of people.

Yes, that is because you booked with a travel agent. You pay the travel agent directly and Carnival will not accept payment directly from you. Nor will Carnival answer questions for you. They will refer you back to your travel agent.

If you book directly with Carnival, either with your PVP, online, or the 800 Carnival number, you can then make whatever payments you want any time you want. As long as it is paid off by the final payment due date, you're completely in control. There's no need for a payment plan to do that.

Love my local travel agent would never do it any other way and my taxes I pay on cruise stay local

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Because some folks just prefer to get it paid off as fast as possible. Some folks are not good with savings either especially if you are on a tight budget.

Nothing would be worse than to have an emergency come up right before final payment that required you to take all of that money in savings and then have to scramble to make final.

Really? Nothing could be worse? In this scenario I can’t pay for the expenses associated with the emergency but I can cruise. Guess we all have different priorities.

Love my TA too! I would buy discounted gift cards and she would apply them towards the balance. I would call or email pmts whenever I wanted for however much I wanted. Once cruise was paid off, she sent me all the docs/luggage tags in a nice pkg, and she purchased a lovely bday surprise for my husband that will be in the cabin when we board.

With the interest rates most savings accounts are earning these days, you won't even be able to buy a Fun Ship Special or a hand of blackjack on the cruise with the interest earned.

Really? Nothing could be worse? In this scenario I can’t pay for the expenses associated with the emergency but I can cruise. Guess we all have different priorities.

We are talking about regular everyday people that plan for a cruise up to 2 years in advance. Would be nice to sit back and know the once in a life time trip is paid for even if the world ends hypothetically.

I have read where people mention making monthly payments on a cruise. How does one do this? Do you have to book through Carnival, and set it up with them? Or can you set up payments with anyone? This seems like a pretty easy way to pay for a cruise up front.

I have had a Carnival MasterCard for a number of years now. I always pay monthly using that card as it gives me 2 points for every dollar that I spend on Carnival. Then I just pay the credit bill back monthly. Love it that way.

Carnival had it as a choice when I booked my next cruise, I agree, seemed like a painless way to pay for my cruise :)

I'd love to book a year in advance, but my husband and have to get vacation approved b4 we book and don't want to take a chance that our jobs won't allow us the time after we booked.

We always wind up booking under 100 days. And we are thrifty and wait for cheap deposits. Lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Wouldn't want to miss out on that twenty-three cents for sure. :cool: