Questions and more questions (Possible Upcoming Seaside Cruise Feb 2019)

rab23us

Hello All;

So my wife and I have been eyeing up the cruises that MSC seaside takes and have given a lot of thought to taking the western Caribbean in February of 2019. Looking at everything and reading a lot of reviews (seems this ship didn't have a good start) and watching a lot of videos one thing seems to be in common with most of the written a video reviews people either hate the ship (even watched a video review of guy who hadn't been on the ship but was commenting on how bad it must be because of someone else's review).

It hasn't deterred the Mrs and myself from exploring this even further. But I do have some questions for those who have cruised this vessel and can answer some questions. First I should say that my wife have only taken one cruise it was our honey-moon and that was well over 25 years ago. Since then we have done the all inclusive in Jamaica and Mexico, Bahamas (you get the picture).

This will be for her 50th birthday, and we are looking at doing something nice. Question one I have been looking at the drinks on us promotion and have looked at the different levels (bella, fantastica, all the way to yacht club). We are looking at not having to spend as much on the ship per se if there are things that can be pre-purchased (such as specialty restaurants). Also looking at the difference between the Aurea Experience and the yacht club, I see where one gets some massages and has the chance of scoring a cabin with balcony (Aurea) with an all inclusive under the drinks on us that can be upgraded to the premium for 26 bucks per person per day..Looking at pricing this is cheaper than the yacht club which does't come with massages and an inside cabin only....

Can someone explain the what the advantage of going yacht club over Aurea would be in this case? Or would it even be worth dropping to Fatastica paying for the upgraded drink package and pre paying on some of the specialty dining?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Ron and Sue

We cruised with MSC Seaside last month (May). We booked in Feb 2018 a Bella experience - Oceanview cabin but were upgraded to Balcony cabin. We were not able to avail of the Free Drink On Us promo because it will increase the cost of our cruise. We don't drink much so it didn't bothered us not having the drink package promo. I suggest book at least a balcony cabin.

If you think you need more than the 'Drink on us' promo, upgrade it. Otherwise, the promo will be sufficient for your hydration needs. There is a small difference between Bella and Fantasia especially now with the drink promo, however when you get to Aurea, the spa experience I've read is great.

We didn't purchase any specialty restaurant packages but there are crew in the buffet restaurant that goes around and 'solicit' passengers about it (but not aggressive). If you think you want to try the specialty restaurant, it is worth pre-paying for the package.

Photos. We only purchased about 8 digital copies ($9.99 each). We only had over a dozen of shots to pick from (and shots during the gala night). If you plan purchase photos (digital or prints, which is more expensive), have your shots taken every day so that you will have more selections to pick from.

Hello All;

So my wife and I have been eyeing up the cruises that MSC seaside takes and have given a lot of thought to taking the western Caribbean in February of 2019. Looking at everything and reading a lot of reviews (seems this ship didn't have a good start) and watching a lot of videos one thing seems to be in common with most of the written a video reviews people either hate the ship (even watched a video review of guy who hadn't been on the ship but was commenting on how bad it must be because of someone else's review).

It hasn't deterred the Mrs and myself from exploring this even further. But I do have some questions for those who have cruised this vessel and can answer some questions. First I should say that my wife have only taken one cruise it was our honey-moon and that was well over 25 years ago. Since then we have done the all inclusive in Jamaica and Mexico, Bahamas (you get the picture).

This will be for her 50th birthday, and we are looking at doing something nice. Question one I have been looking at the drinks on us promotion and have looked at the different levels (bella, fantastica, all the way to yacht club). We are looking at not having to spend as much on the ship per se if there are things that can be pre-purchased (such as specialty restaurants). Also looking at the difference between the Aurea Experience and the yacht club, I see where one gets some massages and has the chance of scoring a cabin with balcony (Aurea) with an all inclusive under the drinks on us that can be upgraded to the premium for 26 bucks per person per day..Looking at pricing this is cheaper than the yacht club which does't come with massages and an inside cabin only....

Can someone explain the what the advantage of going yacht club over Aurea would be in this case? Or would it even be worth dropping to Fatastica paying for the upgraded drink package and pre paying on some of the specialty dining?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Ron and Sue

The Yacht club has it's own private restaurant, lounge, pool, and area at the front of the ****. It has priority elevators as well. You have access to the spa being in Yacht club. You get a butler in Yacht Club, but not Aurea. The Aurea has it's own area, but it is definitely not as large as Yacht club's. They do not have a private restaurant either. I feel like I should mention that you can get a balcony in the Yacht Club as well.

Thanks for the replies wife has changed her mind on the itinerary to the eastern Caribbean and after doing a little more video watching for the moment it looks will be going with the yacht club for our preference of cabin and cruise experience.

Thanks for the replies wife has changed her mind on the itinerary to the eastern Caribbean and after doing a little more video watching for the moment it looks will be going with the yacht club for our preference of cabin and cruise experience.

You'll have the deluxe (premium) package included for use around the rest of the ship (drinks - barring Super Premium - are served in YC without using your cruisecard).