beach day?

b&hluv2cruise

Hi all! We are arriving on the Carnival Sunshine in 2 weeks. I am traveling with my mom and 7 year old daughter. We love to spend our time on a beautiful beach with clear water to stay cool. We would like to be somewhere not too crowded, have chairs and a good place for lunch and drinks and restrooms when needed.

From what I have read so far it looks like Cockleshell Beach is the way to go. Sounds like a taxi is how we should plan to go/? Are chairs available near Reggae Beach Bar and is there a charge? I've also read about Spice Mill? Are these locations close together? Walking distance?

Are there plenty of cabs available to get back to the ship? Where is the place where some cab drivers will stop for a photo? Is this something we need to prearrange?

Thanks for any advice for a St. Kitts newbie!!

I went on the Southern Carribean itinerary that went to 6 different ports through Carnival. While I loved St. Kitts, it was my least favorite beach on that vacation. The scenery was beautiful, but there was something about Cockleshell that didn't do it for me. It was pretty choppy and full of debris. Not many people were in the water. I'm usually not picky with beaches.

While I loved St. Kitts, it was my least favorite beach on that vacation. The scenery was beautiful, but there was something about Cockleshell that didn't do it for me. It was pretty choppy and full of debris.

I have a tendency to agree with this. I'm not impressed at all with St Kitts. We tried Reggae Beach the first time and I really didn't care for it. They jam everyone in so close with the beach chairs and the service was not good. Then you had people trying to sell you stuff over and over (same person wanting you to buy a CD that he recorded off the internet). :rolleyes:

Next time we went to Carambola. Very nice beach and nice atmosphere, but it did get crowded at the day went on. However, beach chairs weren't that close together. We did walk down to a place called Discovery and there wasn't anyone there (despite all the wonderful reviews and people on their social media site saying it's a fabulous place). If we return, we'll probably head there. They had the most beautiful black sand by the shoreline. It sparkled like diamonds.

I have reviews of both in my signature line if interested. There's tons of pictures.