Sofa Bed

acadran

From looking at photos and videos of mini-suites (and deluxe balcony cabins) there does not appear to be room enough to pull out that sofa bed due to the location of the desk. Can anyone shed some light on this. 1st timer on Princess. 1st time with 3 in our cabin. TIA.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I slept on that bed for a week last year. We had a deluxe balcony cabin. I actually liked the sofa bed a lot more than the standard Regal beds since it was a little softer. DH and DS slept on the regular beds.

It was a tight fit as it was touching the chair in front of the desk when it was unfolded, but we didn't have a problem with it not fitting when opened.

In the morning I didn't wait for the steward to come in and fold it back in, so I did it myself. He unfolded it in the evening.

Now I am totally aiming to get a deluxe balcony cabin again, because I really liked the sofa bed instead of having the bed come out of a ceiling.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

Not all of the sofa beds pull out. We have had different mini suites on the Grand. In the one on the Dolphin deck the couch pulled out. (Actually just 2 of the 3 cushions were pulled out.) It was a little lower to the floor and not really very long. I'm 5'2" and my feet were almost to the bottom. Our last cruise a few weeks ago was in a mini on the Emerald deck. The couch there pulled up and into a twin bed (more like a futon) and was much more comfortable although not as wide as the one that pulled out.

Hope you enjoy your cruise!

On Royal and Regal, the sofa bed in minisuites is a single. It is not a pullout. The fourth is a bunk from the ceiling.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/regal-princess-679/member-3/19250/

This review has a picture.

I don't know about the deluxe balcony sofa. That sofa is shorter so perhaps it does pull out. If so then I think it makes it impossible to get to the balcony if the bed is out.

On Grand class ships the sofa pulls out.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1981705

This thread has pictures.

From looking at photos and videos of mini-suites (and deluxe balcony cabins) there does not appear to be room enough to pull out that sofa bed due to the location of the desk. Can anyone shed some light on this. 1st timer on Princess. 1st time with 3 in our cabin. TIA.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just sailed on the Royal, in a Mini-suite, with our 26 year old daughter, and she slept on the sofa bed. I am not sure if they are all like this, but the bench part pulls out slightly, like a futon kind of. My daughter is 5’1 and I’m not sure she would have fit had she been much taller. It seemed cumbersome to make into the bed so we told our steward he didn’t need to mess with setting it up every night and putting it back to a sofa everyday, so it was kind of like a daybed.

I don't know about the deluxe balcony sofa. That sofa is shorter so perhaps it does pull out. If so then I think it makes it impossible to get to the balcony if the bed is out.
In a deluxe balcony cabin you unfold it like this:

36290236_1824875317571313_3556403989635399680_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=c0f185a3d43b10c200927cf6d613b7b1&oe=5BE59304

I am 5'6 and had plenty of space to stretch out. If you sit on the bed and swing your legs to the other side, you will be able to open the balcony door and get out onto the balcony. Which I did a lot.