Shipping an item to Whittier Port Agent before cruise

seattleslew

May I purchase a piece of disabilty equipment from Amazon and have it shipped to the port agent to hold for our arrival? I always use Special Needs at Sea and have had perfect luck, but buying our own item and shipping it up there is 1/3 the price of renting. It's portable enough (maybe 12#) to be reasonable. Would anyone have the contact info for the port agent? It would be listed on your Patter near the bottom of the Whittier page. Thanks.

May I purchase a piece of disabilty equipment from Amazon and have it shipped to the port agent to hold for our arrival? I always use Special Needs at Sea and have had perfect luck, but buying our own item and shipping it up there is 1/3 the price of renting. It's portable enough (maybe 12#) to be reasonable. Would anyone have the contact info for the port agent? It would be listed on your Patter near the bottom of the Whittier page. Thanks.

I doubt that it is the role of the port agent to accept and hold items for passengers. You might have better luck with the local post office, shipping company or hotel.

The disembarkation info sheet for Whittier has the following:

Ship's Location & Agent

Cruise Line Agencies of Alaska, (Whittier)

P.O. Box 2469 Whittier AK 99664

Telephone: (907) 472-2301

Cruise Lines Agencies of Alaska (Anchorage)

4341 B Street Suite 101, Anchorage Alaska 99503

Telephone: (907) 562-6889

(formatting theirs)

You would certainly have to obtain a physical street address for the dock in Whittier. Which may not even exist given Whittier is nothing more than a few slips, an open train depot, and some shacks the tour operators work out of. And a single moder apartment building to house them all. Since virtually all luggage collection and pick up is done in Anchorage (airport or downtown) that is why the port agency is based there.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

The person who answered the phone at the Anchorage Port Agent office hasn't talked to the boss yet, but thinks I could do that and have it delivered to the ship for about $100. No idea if this is accurate info, but I'm passing that along. I'll just stay with Special Needs at Sea ... sounds a whole lot less complicated and there are just too many chances for screw-ups any other way. Man, it's expensive to be handicapped.