Do Drink Packages Ever Go on Sale?

iambumbo

We are looking at a European cruise for next summer after a generally fun experience on Seaside this spring. The difference between the included drink package with Aurea and the premium drink package is pretty steep at $26/day, which is making us consider the Fantastica experience, which is substantially less less than the Aurea cost right now. If we went that route, we'd just buy the premium package outright at $55/day. If we went Aurea, we'd probably pay to upgrade to premium for the extra $26/day.

To help us decide, I'm wondering if MSC ever offers promotions (like RCL, Celebrity, etc.) where they discount the cost of drink packages as a pre-cruise purchase. If so, that would definitely push us toward Fantastica as the extra cost for Aurea probably would not outweigh the extra other Aurea benefits for this particular cruise. Thanks!

I just booked a room for a couple traveling with us on the MSC seaside, came with free drink package. See: http://www.travelmarketreport.com/articles/MSC-Cruises-Launches-Free-Drink-Package-Promotion
Thanks but they don't offer that in Europe, which is where we'd be going.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Forums mobile app

Thanks but they don't offer that in Europe, which is where we'd be going.

Sometimes cruises are offered with an All-inclusive package as part of the deal for fantastica, of course aurea and YC come with AI as standard: Aurea with Classic ; YC with Premium

The drink packages are a lot cheaper on Europe cruises.

I was looking at my booking on MSC web.

It is a 11 day 10 night Med cruise. We are US citizens

The drink package I can buy is

All inclusive restaurant and bar (classic)

$230. Or $23 per day

Deluxe for $440. Or $44 per day

That even a little less than the OP first picture

We are looking at a European cruise for next summer after a generally fun experience on Seaside this spring. The difference between the included drink package with Aurea and the premium drink package is pretty steep at $26/day, which is making us consider the Fantastica experience, which is substantially less less than the Aurea cost right now. If we went that route, we'd just buy the premium package outright at $55/day. If we went Aurea, we'd probably pay to upgrade to premium for the extra $26/day.

To help us decide, I'm wondering if MSC ever offers promotions (like RCL, Celebrity, etc.) where they discount the cost of drink packages as a pre-cruise purchase. If so, that would definitely push us toward Fantastica as the extra cost for Aurea probably would not outweigh the extra other Aurea benefits for this particular cruise. Thanks!

The way they 'discount' it pre-cruise is that you purchase at full price, but do not pay the 15% gratuity that you need to pay if you purchase it on board. That represents a 13% discount.

Thanks, everyone. We decided to go with a Fantastica cabin that had an extended balcony and we'll just buy the premium package ahead of time. Maybe it will be cheaper than the advertised pricing once our sailing reservation loads on their website.

The way they 'discount' it pre-cruise is that you purchase at full price, but do not pay the 15% gratuity that you need to pay if you purchase it on board. That represents a 13% discount.

Was the 13% a typo are am I missing the math?

Was the 13% a typo are am I missing the math?

you are missing the maths

if you have something worth $100 and add 15 % your new total is $115

now if you decide to remove the $15 dollars you are taking away $15 from $115

in other words you are taking 15/115 x 100 = 13.04 % from your total sum

So 13 % is not a typo

pete

you are missing the maths

if you have something worth $100 and add 15 % your new total is $115

now if you decide to remove the $15 dollars you are taking away $15 from $115

in other words you are taking 15/115 x 100 = 13.04 % from your total sum

So 13 % is not a typo

pete

I see your point but that only applies if you paid the 15% and then received a refund - if you don't pay the 15% you save 15%. My view anyway and soon I'll be to drunk to care while saving 15%.;p

Thanks, everyone. We decided to go with a Fantastica cabin that had an extended balcony and we'll just buy the premium package ahead of time. Maybe it will be cheaper than the advertised pricing once our sailing reservation loads on their website.

The Fantastica comes with a drink factors I believe… We are at fantastic experience next week on Seaview what did the regular all-inclusive package… Came to $29 a day which is similar if we put it on the ship except saved the 15% (over $60 for the week) service charge by booking early!

We are traveling with our two college age daughters in a separate cabin so they’ll get our vouchers as well as their own and everyone will be happy!

Otherwise I guess we would’ve made some new friends and given away the vouchers since we don’t need them with the all inclusive plan! Happy sailing!!

I see your point but that only applies if you paid the 15% and then received a refund - if you don't pay the 15% you save 15%. My view anyway and soon I'll be to drunk to care while saving 15%.;p

You need to go back to school;);), and should have listened to Pete!!:D:D;)

Just booked last minute for 7-7-18 on the Seaside. 1st time on MSC. Just noticed all inclusive drinks with Bella is hardly all inclusive! No frozen or Shaken cocktails included, no bourbon of any kind?? Not acceptable with my crew! How much will an upgrade cost for 7 day if this is even an option???

Hi Caprismom - here is the quoted response that is listed on MSC's website concerning "drinks on us" package upgrades:

"Yes, you can upgrade to the Classic drink package for $18 per person/per day. You can upgrade to the DELUXE drink package for $26 per person/per day. Either upgrades must be purchased by all guests staying in the same stateroom, 21 years of age and older, for the duration of the cruise. See the Drink Package Comparison guide for more details."

If you upgrade before your cruise you will save the 15% gratuity fee over purchasing the upgrade onboard.