leaving from new york for new england canada. which airport???

musicmansmom

i will be on the carnival valore going to new england/canada and am unsure what airport to fly into on the day of the cruise for the lease stress of missing my 4pm departure . can anyone tell me which airport is the best to fly into for less delays and hassles for this cruise. it will be in the middle of sept ( if that make a difference ) . i have never flown into a eastern airport, so i am clueless on the airports and what is the best one to fly into too for getting to the dock and so forth. thanks for any help.

Music I realize that you did post on the right thread but right now there is really no activity at this time on the NeW England forum so maybe the best for your airpost question would be under Cruise Air forum. This is just a sugggestion. I am also going on a cruise to Canada/New England so I am waiting awhile to ask question as it gets closer. Hope this helps.

Marilyn

Music I realize that you did post on the right thread but right now there is really no activity at this time on the NeW England forum so maybe the best for your airpost question would be under Cruise Air forum. This is just a sugggestion. I am also going on a cruise to Canada/New England so I am waiting awhile to ask question as it gets closer. Hope this helps.

Marilyn

thanks for the tip marilyn.

actually, i had an open ticket with northwest and the best flight times for me within my ticket price was with lga. so i have already booked for that airport. i am leaving the day before and am coming back late afternoon when we return to port, so i am feeling sure i will make all my flights with no problem. i hope you have a good response to your flight question.

the hardest part for me now is what hotel to stay at. i have never been to new york and all the hotels areas are very confusing for me. and i am really surprised how expensive rooms are compared to vancouver and san diego. wow, choosing the right place to stay is going to be my biggest challenge and getting a decent room for under $200 is going to take some serious research. but it will only be for 1 night so i know i will manage. i will probably go with priceline once i know what area i want to stay at. have a wonderful trip. :)

When we did our CAnada New England cruise we had an evening arrival at LGA, stayed near the airport for $99 and took a cab to the port about 10:00 am. the next day..no traffic (a Saturday).. On the return it was quick from port to airport. I don't like to spend a lot of $$ on hotels and since didn't really have time to do anything in NYC anyway the airport location was good for us.. there are quite a few hotels nearby. .we WERE right across from Shea Stadium so if the Mets had been on the schedule it would have been fun to catch a game..

just an option?

When we did our CAnada New England cruise we had an evening arrival at LGA, stayed near the airport for $99 and took a cab to the port about 10:00 am. the next day..no traffic (a Saturday).. On the return it was quick from port to airport. I don't like to spend a lot of $$ on hotels and since didn't really have time to do anything in NYC anyway the airport location was good for us.. there are quite a few hotels nearby. .we WERE right across from Shea Stadium so if the Mets had been on the schedule it would have been fun to catch a game..

just an option?

carolyne

this sounds great and what i am looking for. since i will be solo i will not be doing much '' sight seeing '' on my own. can you tell what hotel you stayed at so i can start doing a search for a good, clean and convenient place to stay. thanks for any tips. too bad you missed the game :)

Hello, Musicman, I grew up in Queens. Lag airport is right across the water from NYC and also, New Jersey. You may want to take into account that 9/9/06 may be Super Saturday at the US Tennis Open which is also right across the way from Laguardia airport. Could cause a bit more traffic and a few less cabs for that day. Just a thought to keep in mind. You could also bool a flight into Newark Liberty in New Jersey and stay in Weehawken (I think that that hotel is a Ramada and it is right on the water but on the Jersey side) You can see the cruise ships across the Hudson and the trip is a short one to the peir. Could also stay in Secaucus or Lyndhurst. NJ which are also in NJ and close to the Lincoln tunnel which is how you get from here to there (NJ to NY) I you stay in NYC itself, try to get tickets to a Broadway show--there are so many great shows. You can get tickets through Ticketmaster.com

A nice hotel right on Broadway in NYC is the Marriott Marquis. Have a great time no matter what you do! That cruise is great.

:) Cafe Rose

cafe rose

thanks for the great and helpful post. you have given me some really good info. if the tennis tournament is going on i might be better off to choose a hotel with a shuttle service from lga. then i read on a post something about a super shuttle service to the dock. i hope i am right in that thinking?? i will do some research and keep your tips in mind. thanks for the good wishes on my cruise :)

Archived