Newbies return from the Conquest

jjsparkles

I was wondering if you made it back in time for the UK heatwave!

Ha ha, you couldn't make it up :cool:

Thanks for your great review and all the pics. That cruise just seemed to fly by didn't it? Next time you need a longer one, like a 7-day cruise, and make sure Abbey gets to visit Atlantis next time LOL.

Far too quick. It was madness for us to do this for a 4 day cruise, but we had so many different things to consider it was the only way we could make it work. If Mark hadn't had that drill then I think Abbey would got to Atlantis, but timing just wasn't going to work. Next time ;p

I will be on the Conquest sailing on Oct 27. If Mark is still playing, I will say "hi" to him and tell him how much I enjoyed your review and the fantastic pics. After reading all of your comments, I feel like I know y'all.

He's due to debark mid September and I want him home by the end of October, lol. Thanks for your kind words, glad you enjoyed it. :)

A nice summation. Thanks again for your review.

Thanks for reading along :)

Great review. This is the kind of review newbies need to read instead of the usual huffs around cutbacks, bahamas suck, etc. I cannot wait for my first trip to Half Moon Cay later this year. There is absolutely zero chance it will be anything other than amazing!

Isn't it just - gorgeous! Thanks for reading along :)

It was water resistant, factor 30. Will need to go full waterproof next time (yes, I hope there will be a next time) :D

I’m African American and will only use SPF 70 or above in the Caribbean. The combo of bright sun and clear water is like holding a mirror to your face in the sun. I learned the hard way in Cozumel decades ago :(

Stronger sunscreen and aloe gel next time and you’ll be good! And FYI... there’s a tv channel to pinpoint your location on the map. It’s cool to see.

I’m African American and will only use SPF 70 or above in the Caribbean. The combo of bright sun and clear water is like holding a mirror to your face in the sun. I learned the hard way in Cozumel decades ago :(

Stronger sunscreen and aloe gel next time and you’ll be good! And FYI... there’s a tv channel to pinpoint your location on the map. It’s cool to see.

DITTO, but not just in the Caribbean, basically anytime I’m outside. I’m African American and burn very easily. I even had a horrible experience with sun poisoning where my eyes swelled shut! So I only use sport, water resistant SPF 70 on my body and SPF 100 on my face. I also carry an umbrella! Better safe than sorry!

Edited by BookDragon

Great review. This is the kind of review newbies need to read instead of the usual huffs around cutbacks, bahamas suck, etc. I cannot wait for my first trip to Half Moon Cay later this year. There is absolutely zero chance it will be anything other than amazing!

Thanks, I'm sure you'll love Half Moon Cay - I can't think of anything negative about it, other than having to get back on the ship ;p

Thank you - I don't think I've ever seen anything higher than factor 50 in the UK. Probably best for me to wait an buy it in the US the next time :)

DITTO, but not just in the Caribbean, basically anytime I’m outside. I’m African American and burn very easily. I even had a horrible experience with sun poisoning where my eyes swelled shut! So I only use sport, water resistant SPF 70 on my body and SPF 100 on my face. I also carry an umbrella! Better safe than sorry!

Yes, we'll definitely be more careful next time - although I thought I was doing well re-applying every 20 minutes, lol. My son didn't burn at all but I think that's because he spent his time floating on top of the water rather than in it. Will definitely seek out water proof rather than water resistant next time :)

Great review and even better pictures... Mark & Macie.. just friends Mom??? lol I work at Port Everglades so if I ever see him (on the rare chance he is able to leave the ship) I am going to tell him what a great job his Mom did on her review... Glad you guys were able to do this and hopefully will again when Mark gets off the Conquest and on another ship (but only after coming home first!!

Awesome review, glad you got to see your son and spend time with your entire family.

I was on the conquest in late May. It was also my first cruise and had a blast.

Thank you, it really was fantastic. Glad you had a good time too:)

Great review and even better pictures... Mark & Macie.. just friends Mom??? lol I work at Port Everglades so if I ever see him (on the rare chance he is able to leave the ship) I am going to tell him what a great job his Mom did on her review... Glad you guys were able to do this and hopefully will again when Mark gets off the Conquest and on another ship (but only after coming home first!!

Ha ha ;p Maybe you will see him, probably outside grabbing some Wi-fi :D Thank you, hopefully we’ll have another cruise to look forward to before too long.

Conquest is my least favorite ship to be honest. Dream class is my favorite along with the smaller fantasy class. I hope he gets another contract and you can try a different ship for a longer cruise!

We have no idea about classes of ships so I’m looking forward to hopefully getting to try some different ships 🚢 Definitely want more time 😀

Loved your review . My family visited Scotland 3 years ago during a heat wave and to us it was like a beautiful spring day. The only time we found it uncomfortable was sleeping at night . Our summers in Texas are in the 100 degree range.

Conquest is my least favorite ship to be honest. Dream class is my favorite along with the smaller fantasy class. I hope he gets another contract and you can try a different ship for a longer cruise!

Aside from the Punchliner, I absolutely loved the Conquest (class, went on Liberty). Fridges in interior room, dive-in movies, big atrium, Steakhouse, sports bar, Mongolian Wok, most of which not available on Fantasy class.

I am very excited for my first Dream class though

Being a solo acoustic musician, I must agree with your observation.

The lobby bands are so often overlooked for the larger stage shows. Some fantastic cover artists are hired by carnival. I love grabbing a cushy chair, a few rum and cokes, and listening to them.

I really enjoyed reading this review! Our kids seem to be about the same ages. Headed to the ship in a couple weeks. Will say hi to Mark if we see him and tell him what a great review his mom gave!

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it. Have a great time :)

Outstanding review! I definitely agree with you about Half Moon Cay. It's one of my favorite spots, too. I've been there four times and always have a perfect beach day.

Lucky you - still dreaming about it :cool:

Loved your review . My family visited Scotland 3 years ago during a heat wave and to us it was like a beautiful spring day. The only time we found it uncomfortable was sleeping at night . Our summers in Texas are in the 100 degree range.

Thank you, ha ha, any kind of sun is a heatwave for us! We must remember that sun does not equal heat, lol. I don't know how you cope with 100 degree heat, but I suppose you must acclimatise to it :cool:

Being a solo acoustic musician, I must agree with your observation.

The lobby bands are so often overlooked for the larger stage shows. Some fantastic cover artists are hired by carnival. I love grabbing a cushy chair, a few rum and cokes, and listening to them.

Would be great to see them in the theatres playing for the shows too - I'm sure I read somewhere that they used to do this.

Great review, thanks so much for sharing it! I’ve always very much enjoyed the musicians on the ships.

Thank you, glad you enjoyed it

Someone suggested posting a video and I've just figured out how to do it. If you're interested some video of the band is here

Please excuse my not very good camera, sound or editing skills - it was only taken for our benefit, from the same seat we sat in each night. So please don't let the dodgy camera skills put you off - they sound amazing live :D